pull out aquariums

Discussion in 'DIY - Do It Yourself' started by nanoreef, Dec 13, 2012.

1. nanoreefNew MemberMember

I wanted to try and save some space and try a concept out. Im running six ten gallon aquariums that all have the ability to pull out from their stand. These tanks are going to be used as breeder tanks for clownfish for the time being.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1StlWRE68Hk

Thanks for checking it out.
    Jesse S.

2. Gordinian

GordinianWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to fishlore!

Wow, that's pretty cool- I love the idea of being able to pull the tanks out!

3. OP
    OP
    n

nanoreefNew MemberMember

It really helps with catching the fish as well as cleaning the aquariums. Pulling an aquarium out and siphoning the waste off of the bottom of the tanks directly into the filter socks makes my life a heck of alot easier!

4. Gordinian

GordinianWell Known MemberMember

I bet! I'm always bumping the cabinetry above my tanks!

5. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

That is an awesome idea. You will definitely have to post photos once you start breeding. What sort of clowns are you getting?

6. SturtyValued MemberMember

That looks brillant!! Well done :)
    Did you have the shelf made to order?

7. JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

Could you build me one please ;). My clowns are breeding like crazy I have over 300 fry in my 60 gallon breeder. I love the fact you can pull them out to clean them.

8. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Very nice set up! I had something very similar with 90gs except the stands were iron. The filter on the bottom looks excellent! Great work. I'm interested to see more.

9. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

Do they need an anemone to breed in?

10. JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

Mine lay there eggs on the rock below my LTA but than again most lay there eggs where they feel safe so no they do not need one to breed. They just need the right conditions in the tank it took mine 4 times before they got the hang of it. I plan on letting the batch they just laid to be raised in the tank seeing my 60 is overstocked as it is.

11. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

I can't even imagine what you would do with that many. I hate giving fry I have raised away to dodgy LFS and poor owners who kill them before the week is out. But 300 is a lot :/ Live food I guess? :/

12. JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

Yes a lot of Live food mine started out on BB, Coepods, blackworms, diced up fresh clam,shrimp, and mussels. They are now getting fed NLS Thera A 0.05mm pellets and a special blend I found on a clown breeding site.

13. soarl

soarlValued MemberMember

That's pretty awesome man. I'd love to see some still photos of the setup!

14. JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

Mine or Yeoy?

15. Oryo

OryoNew MemberMember

WoW! I'm just trying to get my tank going and some of you are breeding clownfish.. I have a lot to learn and I'm glad I found this site.

16. soarl

soarlValued MemberMember

I'll take both!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice