Puffer Problems Swimming.

Sheldon13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am in the process of euthanizing the second puffer. I tried the treatment they suggested. Epsom salt did nothing for him. I complained to them about how much money I was out between what I spent on the fish plus shipping and the meds. They refunded everything as a store credit. I’m grateful for that but I kind of don’t want to order from them again after this experience.

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry to hear that sheldon you couldn't have tried any harder butty, I think you've had a bad batch which not even the lfs can foresee, dont right them off just yet get some more from them I think they'll look after you from the problems you had

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry about your Puffer. That's one problem with receiving shipped fish. If you have any more shipped, find out from the breeder the pH and nitrate level in the tank your fish are coming from and match that in your tank. When your fish arrive, temp acclimate them then immediately upon opening the bag they're in, net or strain the fish out and put them in your tank. If you've already matched their home tank pH and nitrate level, there's no need ro acclimate them. You want to get them out of the bag ASAP once it's opened before toxic levels of ammonia build up in it.

Sheldon13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry about your Puffer. That's one problem with receiving shipped fish. If you have any more shipped, find out from the breeder the pH and nitrate level in the tank your fish are coming from and match that in your tank. When your fish arrive, temp acclimate them then immediately upon opening the bag they're in, net or strain the fish out and put them in your tank. If you've already matched their home tank pH and nitrate level, there's no need ro acclimate them. You want to get them out of the bag ASAP once it's opened before toxic levels of ammonia build up in it.
Yeah I didn’t know the values ahead of time but later I got that information and it was almost identical to my home parameters. They both had swim bladder issues. I’m just left to wonder if it was caused by illness or the plane ride or what.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom