Puffer Poop

Discussion in 'Puffers' started by Gena, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Gena

GenaWell Known MemberMember

[​IMG]

See how huge it is? People think I'm exaggerating!

NOTE: I am aware I have the maturity of an eight year old. My friends find it very entertaining. :;juggle

2. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

My guess is that it is from all those tasty snail shells. Alison:p

3. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Thanks for sharing, Gena. :p Lol.

4. el337

el337Fishlore LegendMember

Whoa... good thing you've got just one in there. lol

5. PuffPuff

PuffPuffWell Known MemberMember

i have recently noticed my puffer as it grows, it poop sizes are getting bigger and bigger. kind of freaky when I walk into my room and I see a large black thick of poop hanging on for dear life.

6. OP
    OP
    Gena

IKR! Plus that's where she sleeps. She pooped in her bed. I just did a water change and vacuumed it up with the rest of her poos. I don't want her sleeping in her poop. =(

Her poops wreck havoc on the parameters. Her tank always has the worst water quality of my three tanks. It's 0-0-10 and the rest are 0-0-5. :eek:

I have yet to find a dwarf puffer poo. Maybe it's because the substrate is black sand?

7. PuffPuff

yeah for some reason my figure 8 has the whole tank to itself but it still wants to just lay within the section that's full of poop.

8. OP
    OP
    Gena

The first time she pooped, I was shocked. :shock: F8 poop resembles a Syrian hamster's poop. And Syrian Hamsters are about 3x the size. I thought an evil insect had invaded the tank.

9. PuffPuff

yeah, I had to take a closer look at it. I thought I was infested by some type of insect too. figure 8 puffers don't play when it comes to poop

10. Dadio

DadioWell Known MemberMember

Nasty, you should see what a 22 inch koi drops, lol

11. PuffPuff

Picture? I Kidd. Lol

12. Geoff

GeoffWell Known MemberMember

That's quite the deuce she dropped!

13. Dadio

DadioWell Known MemberMember

lol, Snackles dropped one the other day, it was about 6inches and close to a 1/4 thick. One of the smaller koi snapped it up, that lasted about 2 secs and she threw it back out fast. lol

14. OP
    OP
    Gena

Woah! Impressive koi you got there!

I wonder what public aquariums do with extremely large fish. Do they have a diver go in every morning with a pooper scooper and clean up? D=

15. MJDuti

MJDutiWell Known MemberMember

sometimes if I'm feeding a little more of one thing one week the poop will resemble that. Like my DP's can be all red if he went on a blood worm feast. My dragon puffer has earthworm poops...and those are NOT cool. Sometimes I feel like they digest things too quickly. Probably doesn't help that they inhale and only chew if needed.

16. MJDuti

MJDutiWell Known MemberMember

002.JPG

Felt there had to be another pic, so enjoy. It was about the size of a nickel when in one piece. This is a hybrid of earthworms and krill.