Puffer Entertainment

Drip&derp

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I️ just got a group of 4 pea puffers and I️ have them in a 29 gallon tank. This is a of their tank before I️ put them in.
96f9de4c4b617744b497228815a52ffe.jpg
I’m headed out to get more plants and am looking to get toys as well any recommendations on toys?
(I️ put a tree decor in the left corner)

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Get a ton of plants. I recommend species of royals as they can swim around them and rest on the leaves. Also, add a ton of pond snails.

dwarfpufferlover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would get a big piece of driftwood, they like to sleep on it at night plus they like tannins in the water. good luck

rohanr

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Drip&derp said:
I️ just got a group of 4 pea puffers and I️ have them in a 29 gallon tank. This is a of their tank before I️ put them in. I’m headed out to get more plants and am looking to get toys as well any recommendations on toys?
(I️ put a tree decor in the left corner)
With puffers, try to get as many line of sight blocks as possible. You don't want them constantly looking at each other because this will lead to aggression.

Out of sight, out of mind!

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
PVC pipe is safe for tanks.

I would add more tall decor. The fuller the tank, the better for DPs.

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
More taller plants, dense plants, hiding plants etc will prevent a lot of issues you may encounter!

Drip&derp

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
TexasDomer said:
PVC pipe is safe for tanks.

I would add more tall decor. The fuller the tank, the better for DPs.
the plants I have atm are growing and I am adding cuts of different plants that are taller as I go they are still playing so I'm assuming they are young so hopefully that will give me some time to get taller plants as my lfs is 2 1/2 hours away I'm also going to get a larger driftwood to add plants to does this sound like it will help?

rohanr

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Drip&derp said:
the plants I have atm are growing and I am adding cuts of different plants that are taller as I go they are still playing so I'm assuming they are young so hopefully that will give me some time to get taller plants as my lfs is 2 1/2 hours away I'm also going to get a larger driftwood to add plants to does this sound like it will help?
Sound like you are on the right track! Make sure there is tons of cover and it will work out fine in the long run.

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
that's an unfortunate distance for your closest fish shop!!! Maybe it just seems like a long way though because I'm in the UK and everything is inherently closer

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom