Puffer Entertainment

  • Thread starter

Drip&derp

New Member
Messages
45
Reaction score
2
Points
33
Experience
3 years
I️ just got a group of 4 pea puffers and I️ have them in a 29 gallon tank. This is a of their tank before I️ put them in.
96f9de4c4b617744b497228815a52ffe.jpg
I’m headed out to get more plants and am looking to get toys as well any recommendations on toys?
(I️ put a tree decor in the left corner)
 

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,500
Reaction score
2,100
Points
308
Experience
1 year
Get a ton of plants. I recommend species of royals as they can swim around them and rest on the leaves. Also, add a ton of pond snails.
 

dwarfpufferlover

Well Known Member
Messages
571
Reaction score
264
Points
93
Experience
2 years
I would get a big piece of driftwood, they like to sleep on it at night plus they like tannins in the water. good luck
 

rohanr

Valued Member
Messages
119
Reaction score
46
Points
38
Experience
2 years
Drip&derp said:
I️ just got a group of 4 pea puffers and I️ have them in a 29 gallon tank. This is a of their tank before I️ put them in. I’m headed out to get more plants and am looking to get toys as well any recommendations on toys?
(I️ put a tree decor in the left corner)
With puffers, try to get as many line of sight blocks as possible. You don't want them constantly looking at each other because this will lead to aggression.

Out of sight, out of mind!
 

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Messages
33,057
Reaction score
9,023
Points
608
Experience
2 years
PVC pipe is safe for tanks.

I would add more tall decor. The fuller the tank, the better for DPs.
 

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,028
Reaction score
1,816
Points
148
Experience
2 years
More taller plants, dense plants, hiding plants etc will prevent a lot of issues you may encounter!
 
  • Thread starter

Drip&derp

New Member
Messages
45
Reaction score
2
Points
33
Experience
3 years
TexasDomer said:
PVC pipe is safe for tanks.

I would add more tall decor. The fuller the tank, the better for DPs.
the plants I have atm are growing and I am adding cuts of different plants that are taller as I go they are still playing so I'm assuming they are young so hopefully that will give me some time to get taller plants as my lfs is 2 1/2 hours away I'm also going to get a larger driftwood to add plants to does this sound like it will help?
 

rohanr

Valued Member
Messages
119
Reaction score
46
Points
38
Experience
2 years
Drip&derp said:
the plants I have atm are growing and I am adding cuts of different plants that are taller as I go they are still playing so I'm assuming they are young so hopefully that will give me some time to get taller plants as my lfs is 2 1/2 hours away I'm also going to get a larger driftwood to add plants to does this sound like it will help?
Sound like you are on the right track! Make sure there is tons of cover and it will work out fine in the long run.
 

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,028
Reaction score
1,816
Points
148
Experience
2 years
that's an unfortunate distance for your closest fish shop!!! Maybe it just seems like a long way though because I'm in the UK and everything is inherently closer
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom