Pseudomugil Luminatus age

Katie993

Can anyone give me a guesstimate on how old these rainbows are? I’ve had them for a couple months and they started coloring up about 3 weeks ago. I’ve been impatiently waiting on eggs but haven’t seen any. I don’t know exactly how old they are. The person I bought them from said they had them for a couple months before I got them. I haven’t seen any spawning activity or any interest between the males and females yet.

Demeter

Determining age on fish is not an easy task, all I can say is smaller species of rainbows tend to mature fast and should be ready to breed in half a year or so. If you can tell the genders apart and they are adult size then they should be breeding.

You can try feeding BBS daily, that really got my rainbows in the mood and they produced loads of eggs. Just be sure to check the spawn mops/plants every few days to pick off eggs to raise separately. You won’t always see courting behavior, I mainly see it shortly after a water change or in the morning and mainly near the spawn mops.

More info on this species here if you need it:

Katie993

They have gotten most of their adult finnage from what I can tell. I’ve been feeding brine shrimp daily. They also sometimes get micro worms and other live foods for some variety. Yesterday I was moving tanks around so they got a large water change and I did see one male start to chase a female but quickly lost interest. Thank you so much for the link! I’ve tried to do as much research as possible but it’s hard to find info on these guys!

Katie993

I guess I spoke too soon they’ve almost completely colored up within a few days and the males are definitely flexing for the girls

Katie993

We finally have babies! I’ve been looking for eggs but never saw any. They hatched in the tank with the parents!

Katie993

They’re getting huge!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom