Pseudomugil Furcatus

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think I would like to have Pseudomugil Furcatus in my 150L (40g). I'd also like some corys. So my question is, if I have say 8 Pseudomugil Furcatus aiming to keep the tank around 24-26 C, which corys would work best. Also, should/could I add any other fish? Experience Pseudomugil Furcatus keepers please feel free to offer suggestions.

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your going to beable to get away with almost any corydoras species. I personally enjoy the true dwarfs. As for other fish species, i think madagascan rainbows would really compliment the forkatails and not take too much away from them.

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
OOh the madagascan rainbows are beautiful, thank you for the suggestion.

alexbeal1117

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mazeus said:
I think I would like to have Pseudomugil Furcatus in my 150L (40g). I'd also like some corys. So my question is, if I have say 8 Pseudomugil Furcatus aiming to keep the tank around 24-26 C, which corys would work best. Also, should/could I add any other fish? Experience Pseudomugil Furcatus keepers please feel free to offer suggestions.
I know furcatas can be a bit aggressive in the aspect that dominant males bully lesser males pretty bad. So personally I would up the number of furcatas to 12, plus with more you can get more interesting behavior as in more flashing but not have it stress the lesser males out as much. There is a lot of corys you can keep, such as:
Sterbas
Peppered
Aggassizi
Elegans
Schwartzs
Nanus
Adolfi
Rabuati
Melini
Though you might have to adjust the temperature though a bit depending on the species. But for the most part, all of them should be comfortable in that range. You could keep between 6-12 of them as well. I'd look into Siamese algae eaters, I keep them in all of my tanks. They eat almost any type of algae and will accept dry foods as well.
I like the idea of your stock list though.

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I will up the numbers and try to keep 1 male for every 2 females. I've been visitng loads of my LFS in a 30 mile radius of my house to see what fish are available. I am the geek that takes a note pad into the LFS to make notes of any species/Fish of interest.

alexbeal1117

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mazeus said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I will up the numbers and try to keep 1 male for every 2 females. I've been visitng loads of my LFS in a 30 mile radius of my house to see what fish are available. I am the geek that takes a note pad into the LFS to make notes of any species/Fish of interest.
I do the same thing, but take some pictures too. But to find a place that has stuff I haven't seen in person, I need to go a hour away. None of my close LFS carry anything too interesting or special, just the typically seen common fish.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom