Pseudomugil flashing and strange feces

Doffen

Tank
20g tank running for 7 months with a filter and heater, temp around 78,5 F. Contains 6 Pseudomugil Luminatus, 15-20 neocaridina and two baby ancistrus.

Maintenance
Waterchange and light substrate-vaccum, 20-30% once a week adding dechlorinator, GH/KH-addatives and fertilizer for the plants.

*Parameters - Very Important
Tank was cycled for about 4 months, regularly tested for NH4/NH3, NO2, KH, GH, PH with drops from Sera and Tetra.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: Not available
pH: 8

Feeding
Fish are fed once a day, enough to feed the entire stock. Diet varies between frozen bloodworms, cyclops, Shrimp Baby by Glasgarten and the Ancistrus get a wafer mix from Tetra, the Luminatis usually grazes on this as well.

Illness & Symptoms
I've had the Luminatus for 1 month and one of the females had a distinct different yellow-ish color unlike the others who are rusty orange. This one flashed a couple of times in the days after arrival. Drip acclimated for 2h. The fish has been growing and getting a more intense yellow color, so I assumed she was healthy weirdo until today when erratic behavoir and intense flashing started 2h after feeding. I've not started any treatment nor can I see any signs of distress/injury. Now, she looks completely fine.

The female started flashing and swimming around like crazy for about 4 min. I was about to take it out and isolate it when she suddenly stopped whilst pushing out a relatively large poop that had a pink-ish color. Yesterday, they had a few thawed bloodworms. During the flashing she did not lose any color or injure herself.

Im wondering if this is a serious symptom and if the fish should be isolated. The poop did not move as it fell so I dont think its a parasite-problem, but it was definitely about twice the size of a regular one. I've not seen any white spots or injuries on the fish, and the tests I have available were all fine. Does a fish really flash if its constipated?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GuitarShark
Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views
OneLittleBubble
Replies
Views