Pseudohemiodon Apithanos

1. itsayes Member Member

Does anybody have experience with this fish?

Wondering if it would work in a 55g. It will be a planted tank.

I can pre-order with my LFS.

Thanks!

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. itsayes Member Member

Thanks. Tried doing research but couldn't find too much where I was looking.

My LFS ordered 10 and 6 of them are already accounted for. They get them on Monday so any tips before then would be great!

4. Five 97 Well Known Member Member

5. itsayes Member Member

Thanks! Totally forgot about planet catfish. Good info.

Thanks for the bump @jenmur

Think I'm going to take a pass on them this time around. Decided to heavily plant the tank and they won't mesh.

Also dealing with a bump in my cycle on my 29g after medicating, so gotta focus on that for now. I stole some sponges and media from my established 46g so hopefully that takes care of it quickly.

6. Five 97 Well Known Member Member

Your welcome :) I was gonna say as soon as I read the part about a planted tank, I had my doubts.o_O They apparently sometimes like to bury themselves in the substrate and such, likely not good for any plants.
    You could get creative with the setup and do some overhanging cliff-like structures on either end or along the back of the tank (not sure how that'd go in a narrow tank like a 55g) with plants growing on top of those, but yea... they aren't your best suited 1st level planted tank residents.

7. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

@itsayes. I didn't know the fish you were talking about but I could at least help someone else who does see your post . Hope you get over the bump soon!

8. itsayes Member Member

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

9. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

It sends out sound waves. I'm sure at least an insect or two are around everywhere at any given time

10. Five 97 Well Known Member Member

Are you calling me an insect? :eek: JK!

11. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

Hehehehe. Only the best! . Did you hear a tree fall?

12. Redshark1 Well Known Member Member

"If a man speaks at sea where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?"

13. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

But my husband is usually right. Phooey.