Pruning amazon sword . could someone explain it to me?

Nickguy5467

i read some things about it. that i need to do it to keep my plant healthy like trimming back leafs. though im not even sure what any or these terms means. so before i go and hack off my sword completely into a stub. what should i be doing?

IMG_20210507_103305861.jpg

Belshrimp

HI, I don't have that much experience yet. But your swords are looking pretty good to me. Only thing I do with mine is that I cut off the damaged leaves(anything with holes, or getting brown and dying off) right at the bottom, as close to the roots as possible to leave as little to rot as possible. That's all I could say.

Pretty awesome looking tank BTW. How big is it?

Upvote 0

Lmg01

i read some things about it. that i need to do it to keep my plant healthy like trimming back leafs. though im not even sure what any or these terms means. so before i go and hack off my sword completely into a stub. what should i be doing?

IMG_20210507_103305861.jpg

I usually wait until the leaves turn completely brown before pulling them off so that all of the nutrients has already left it. Just remove bad leaves and leave the healthy ones.

Upvote 0

Nickguy5467

HI, I don't have that much experience yet. But your swords are looking pretty good to me. Only thing I do with mine is that I cut off the damaged leaves(anything with holes, or getting brown and dying off) right at the bottom, as close to the roots as possible to leave as little to rot as possible. That's all I could say.

Pretty awesome looking tank BTW. How big is it?
29 gallon tank. thanks for the tip. guess ill do that too

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Fiosco345
Replies
Views
TheAnglerAquarist
  • Question
Replies