Proud Owner

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by bellabean, Mar 29, 2012.

1. bellabeanValued MemberMember

of 3 new Julii Corys. I am getting 3 more in a few days but wanted to space out adding to the tank. Unless 3 is enough?

There is always 2 together and the 3rd hangs out almost by itself. Then decides to join the group and chases 1 off and climbs over the other. Is this normal behaviour?

Also I wanted to know what you guys feed yours. I have algea wafers, sinking shrimp pellets already. Seemed to like the wafer. Anything else? I also add flaked food to the tank for the loan platy

2. tetra17Valued MemberMember

i would get the 3 more for a total of 6 because corys are schoolers!! i think that the corys will group together better once there are a few more in the aquarium.. as for the feeding i think your okay with the foodyou have because when i had corys i fed them algae wafers and they enjoyed them

im sure othr peopl will provide more information soon! :)

3. ILOVECORYS

ILOVECORYSValued MemberMember

I'm new to keeping corys.

But so far I've noticed my bronze corys school most of the time as there are 5 of them.

I have 3 of each of albino, panda, peppered, and they dont seem to school up.

I will be getting more so will eventually have 5 maybe 6 of each specie :)

4. OP
    OP
    b

bellabeanValued MemberMember

Well I know there 3 of a kind as they all came from the same tank. Mind you I don't hold much faith in LFS lately ....
    I plan on going in tonight to grab 3 more.

Right now there chasing each other all over the tank; up the back, everywhere.

Here's a pic of them

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  5. tetra17Valued MemberMember

they look great!! corys are always fun to watch when there being playful like that!! I think its a great idea to add the 3 more and good luck with them!

6. OP
    OP
    b

bellabeanValued MemberMember

I couldn't agree with you more!
    I find myself putting food in the tank and just watching them.
    My daughter keeps kicking me out of her room. LOL

I think when my 29g arrives I will be stocking with these;)

How can you tell the gender.
    Please tell me not as hard as sexing a pleco!

7. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy LubianetskyWell Known MemberMember

YOur Corys look so cute!! If you can call fish cute.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice