Proud Owner

1. bellabean Member Member

of 3 new Julii Corys. I am getting 3 more in a few days but wanted to space out adding to the tank. Unless 3 is enough?

There is always 2 together and the 3rd hangs out almost by itself. Then decides to join the group and chases 1 off and climbs over the other. Is this normal behaviour?

Also I wanted to know what you guys feed yours. I have algea wafers, sinking shrimp pellets already. Seemed to like the wafer. Anything else? I also add flaked food to the tank for the loan platy

2. tetra17 Member Member

i would get the 3 more for a total of 6 because corys are schoolers!! i think that the corys will group together better once there are a few more in the aquarium.. as for the feeding i think your okay with the foodyou have because when i had corys i fed them algae wafers and they enjoyed them

im sure othr peopl will provide more information soon! :)

3. ILOVECORYS Member Member

I'm new to keeping corys.

But so far I've noticed my bronze corys school most of the time as there are 5 of them.

I have 3 of each of albino, panda, peppered, and they dont seem to school up.

I will be getting more so will eventually have 5 maybe 6 of each specie :)

4. bellabean Member Member

Well I know there 3 of a kind as they all came from the same tank. Mind you I don't hold much faith in LFS lately ....
    I plan on going in tonight to grab 3 more.

Right now there chasing each other all over the tank; up the back, everywhere.

Here's a pic of them

[​IMG]

5. tetra17 Member Member

they look great!! corys are always fun to watch when there being playful like that!! I think its a great idea to add the 3 more and good luck with them!

6. bellabean Member Member

I couldn't agree with you more!
    I find myself putting food in the tank and just watching them.
    My daughter keeps kicking me out of her room. LOL

I think when my 29g arrives I will be stocking with these;)

How can you tell the gender.
    Please tell me not as hard as sexing a pleco!

7. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

YOur Corys look so cute!! If you can call fish cute.