Proud Fish Mom!

ClearR2E054

Heres my boy looking beautiful! Bubbles has started swimming up to the tank when he sees me (lol he knows where the food comes from!) He’s started following my finger around the tank, and has even fed from my fingertip!! I knew bettas were intelligent but he’s learning wayy faster than I imagined he would. Very proud mum right now! ❤️ ((BTW this is like day four ))

F98DC015-A172-436C-9B86-03964BA18BA2.jpeg

BigManAquatics

Oh yeah, they pick up a lot rather quick, especially when food is involved!

Rose of Sharon

Welcome to Fishlore! And I love his name...what a sweetie!

peachsonas

Bettas are wonderful! They’re just little water puppies. :)

Zid88

Heres my boy looking beautiful! Bubbles has started swimming up to the tank when he sees me (lol he knows where the food comes from!) He’s started following my finger around the tank, and has even fed from my fingertip!! I knew bettas were intelligent but he’s learning wayy faster than I imagined he would. Very proud mum right now! ❤️ ((BTW this is like day four ))

F98DC015-A172-436C-9B86-03964BA18BA2.jpeg

Umm, his fins and tail look terrible to me. Even when mine is resting don't look like that, sleeping at night or just chilling, his dorsal and tail fin don't droop.

I'm new to Betta as well, I'd be concerned about my Betta is his fins drooped like that. Maybe more experienced Betta owners can chime in?

Pic of mine chilling under a plant, I think he's a loach with colorful long fins.

Attachments

• IMG_20210926_171715~2.jpg
    IMG_20210926_171715~2.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 9

JavaMossMan

Just be aware that no fish cares for you. They only after food. If they could eat you they would eat you with no second thoughts. Just remember this.

Other than that its all fun and games.

ClearR2E054

Umm, his fins and tail look terrible to me. Even when mine is resting don't look like that, sleeping at night or just chilling, his dorsal and tail fin don't droop.

I'm new to Betta as well, I'd be concerned about my Betta is his fins drooped like that. Maybe more experienced Betta owners can chime in?

Pic of mine chilling under a plant, I think he's a loach with colorful long fins
Just be aware that no fish cares for you. They only after food. If they could eat you they would eat you with no second thoughts. Just remember this.

Other than that its all fun and games.
That is very true haha he would eat anything given the chance!

ClearR2E054

Pic of mine chilling under a plant, I think he's a loach with colorful long fins.
Hi,
he’s a male veil tail so it’s kinda normal for at least his dorsal fin to droop, unless he’s flaring. I’ve done research on this, he‘s most likely still a bit stressed, it’s only his fourth day with me after all.. nevertheless I’m thinking of giving him a water change soon, hopefully if it is a water quality thing I can rectify it with the test kit and add the right things during the water change. I’ve also decided to fast him for today, in case he‘s just been over fed.

he can flare his tail and fins just fine. And when he swims you can see his fins are a lot more open, he’s a very active boyo lol

btw love your loach he looks gorgeous! ❤️ Very colourful indeed!

Rose of Sharon

You are correct about his fins. It is normal for a veiltale's fins to droop. The only time the dorsal is raised is when they are really flaring.

Having good clean water will go a long way in keeping him healthy and happy!

I hope that you enjoy him!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bsplendid
Replies
Views
yeti79
Replies
Views
Blacksheep1
Replies