Protozoan Parasites

HelvisGoldies
My fish have a Slime disease. What I understand from reading about it and doing months of research is that it is present is all water but only affects weak fish. My fancy goldfish have been showing symptoms for 5 months. There are 4 in a 40 gallon tank that I've been treating with everything under the sun as well as mardel Quick cure. I don't want it to spread to my happy healthy fish in my 390 gallon so I've been very safe. I know I've treated my 4 fancies with too many medicines with no success. Especially my old 8 inch Ranchu. She is showing the most symptoms. Stringy slime coat, red fins, lethargic, heavy breathing, white growth. But my young calico Ranchu in the tank is resilient and showing none. I do water changes almost daily for them but I know the conditions have not been perfect because there are too many fish in the 40 gallon (4 fish) I started giving up hope after trying every medicine. But I read in an article today that the protozoa only affects the stressed fish. I have an idea of adding my 4 fancies into my 390 gallon with the other fish. That is the best tank I have and have a hunch that they will not be stressed any more in there and will be very happy. My only concern is that the protozoa with affect my other 16 other fish in the 390 gallon. (2,000 dollars with of fancy goldfish) but again I read that it is only present in stressed fish. I need some help figuring out what to do. Thank you so much. I will appreciate any responses.

ValerieAdams
Goldiemom BottomDweller Gypsy13 may be able to help (sorry if I tagged you and you don't know anything)

HelvisGoldies
Goldiemom BottomDweller Gypsy13 may be able to help (sorry if I tagged you and you don't know anything)
Thank you for trying to help! ♥️

ValerieAdams
Thank you for trying to help! ♥️
Sometimes the tags don't work. I think one of them will hop on and see it though

DoubleDutch
Chilodonella ?

HelvisGoldies
DoubleDutch
HelvisGoldies
What meds did you find under the sun?
I tried general cure in the water and made into food, hex sheild medicated food, mardel quick cure, praziquantel, prazipro, melafix salt and heat method, methylene blue baths and daily 100% water changes. (Some of these were for the quarantine and not at all for the protozoan parasites. I saw all of the treatments through all of the way. There were a few more that I can think of atm) my main concern was preventing it from spreading to my other goldfish.

I tried general cure in the water and made into food, hex sheild medicated food, mardel quick cure, praziquantel, prazipro, melafix salt and heat method, methylene blue baths and daily 100% water changes. (Some of these were for the quarantine and not at all for the protozoan parasites. I saw all of the treatments through all of the way. There were a few more that I can think of atm) my main concern was preventing it from spreading to my other goldfish.
I also tried green water and sunlight as a more natural method, paired with Epsom salt dips and aw salt dips. I understand this is a lot they have had a month to rest between treatments and have been fed only high quality food, bloodworms, ect. Right now I'm not treating them with anything.

I also tried green water and sunlight as a more natural method, paired with Epsom salt dips and aw salt dips. I understand this is a lot they have had a month to rest between treatments and have been fed only high quality food, bloodworms, ect. Right now I'm not treating them with anything.
I would love to finally get to the bottom of it because I do love these fish.

DoubleDutch
Think you'll need a seriois med for external parasites. I hate "general" meds hahahaha, the other are for internal parasites to me.
I read about malachite green and formalin curing this specific type of disease.

HelvisGoldies
Think you'll need a seriois med for external parasites. I hate "general" meds hahahaha, the other are for internal parasites to me.
I read about malachite green and formalin curing this specific type of disease.
Thank you. I'll give the fish longer to rest and then give it a try. ♥️♥️

DoubleDutch
Fingers crossed !

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rtessy
Replies
Views
jmantilla
Replies
Views