protein skimmers

240gordy

Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking to buy a new protein skimmer for a 250 gallon tank and have know idea which to buy!!!??? I've heard of many of the brands of protein skimmers being very cheap and don't produce many results. I'm not sure which brands are trustworthy or what. If anyone has any experience with good quality protein skimmers let me know what you suggest. thanks for the help.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm one of those that believe that you get what you pay for when it comes to skimmers. I like the AquaC line of skimmers and have been very happy with the gunk they pull out of my tanks. Check out the Aquac EV400 for your tank size. I've also heard some very good things about the Tunze skimmers.

Miss Mouse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem! There are just SOOO many and I have no clue what i'm looking for but everyone seems to point to the AquaC's...the only problem is I cant find anywhere that sells them in the UK!There are some from the USA on ebay so I think I'll have to get it on there - I'm so glad I've just had a pay rise ;D

Miss Mouse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
YAY! I've got my AquaC remora - just set it up and running. I had to buy it on ebay from an american guy but ho only used it for 3 weeks and had to move so had to get rid of his tank! I couldn't use the powerhead because it had a US plug but my powerhead fits ok anyway so thats fine...
just waiting for the gunk to appear! ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom