proper way to posistion spray bar?

pearlypops

HI all, my question is this, I have two filters in my tank that both have spray bars to help aeriate the water, I also have a air stone at the back. My question is about my spray bars, how exactly does "moving the suface of the water" work in order to aeriate the water? do I have to have the spray bar ABOVE the water with the water flow going on top of the water to create bubbles or can I put it just below the waters surface so its moving the water?? I prefer it just below the surface as its a lot quieter and it causes less current in the water which the fish seem to prefer but I would hate to be doing it like this and it be wrong? I use to have it just above so when it would hit the top of the water it would create some bubbles. Can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks very much,

Pearl

PoseidonSB

Hi.

I think with the fact that it's only a 100L that teh air bubble alone will be enough to Aeriate the water and the two filters would be that create enough of a current, I think you would be fine to have the spray bars under the water

psalm18.2

I asked this recently and the answer was below the water facing slightly up. If using CO2 then slightly down.

psalm18.2

Found the link, has photos.

Hope it helps.

D_C_1

I have mine just under the water level but I position it at an angle pointing slightly upwards towards the water level.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Redviper
  • Question
Replies
Views
BestFishTankGuy
Replies
Views
jtjgg