Progress!

Cody

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In couple months you’ll be ripping some of them out asking your friends if they want some lol! It’s a weed!

It’s fun watching things fill in to the jungle we all want.

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Cody said:
In couple months you’ll be ripping some of them out asking your friends if they want some lol! It’s a weed!

It’s fun watching things fill in to the jungle we all want.
yeah i cant wait, this is my first time planting. my old tank leaked so i figured with a new one i would start. its exciting. i have an amazon sword in the back left which seems to be doing nothing, but i dont know anything about their progress

Cody

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The Sword will be a little slower starting out then the Sag. But once it gets adjusted you will see some new shoots and everything getting taller.

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
it has some leaves at the bottom yellowing and brown spots. im just assuming its transitioning. not exactly sure where i wanted to put the sword. its directly under one of my filters. will it just grow around it?

Cody

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It may slightly since those leaves will not get as good of light as the others if the intake blocks some light. But you may just have to trim it as needed if it ever seems like it’s going to block it.

But that looks like normal melting from transitioning. From what I remember in another post you have some type of aqua soil? The Sword should thrive on that!

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Cody said:
It may slightly since those leaves will not get as good of light as the others if the intake blocks some light. But you may just have to trim it as needed if it ever seems like it’s going to block it.

But that looks like normal melting from transitioning. From what I remember in another post you have some type of aqua soil? The Sword should thrive on that!
sword has been there for a while , afriad of ruining a root system if it grew one behind the log decor there is only like a half it of foot area felt like if i put it back there i would smoosh it and if i moved it forward i would ruin my sag progress

also the sword seems to be getting plenty of light for now. i dont see any dark spots

yes i am using organic potting soil with sand on top i dont remember how much soil. i think its 2 inches of soil and 1/2-1 inches of sand. i think in the front there was a dip that the sand filled making it look like the sand layer is thicker.

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
co2 mist isnt really going to the dwarf sag on the right of the rock mostly the middle and left side of the tank. I cant really figure out how to create a circular water whatever its in my tank. does that mean it will grow differently? i know it doesnt need co2 but the middle one is getting it anyway

Attachments

New Threads