Progress!!

newbie91384

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So I posted earlier about my dwarf gourami and other gourami chasing eachother. I called my LFS and they suggested to move all my decorations around and add some plants. They said the plants will give them somewhere to hide, and moving stuff around makes the less territorial. Both things worked. My water parameters were a little elevated as well, so they advised to add freshwater aquarium salt to the water after doing a 25% water change. Everything has worked. The ones that were hiding are out in about and the other bullies are minding their own business.
20180501_205832.jpg
20180502_091735.jpg

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Moving decoration to deal with agression doesn't make sense to me. One is only disorientating fish and when they are adapted again it all starts over again or (what I would expect) things would have settled on its own (with a female opaline)
But okay, we'll see.
Jenoli42 said:
moving the decorations to deal with aggression makes sense.

salt to deal with elevated ammonia, nitrite or nitrate makes no sense to me.

but. glad they're better i guess?

newbie91384

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
DoubleDutch said:
Moving decoration to deal with agression doesn't make sense to me. One is only disorientating fish and when they are adapted again it all starts over again or (what I would expect) things would have settled on its own (with a female opaline)
But okay, we'll see.
They told me the salt helped with the ammonia in the water effecting the fish. Said it opened the gills more and increase oxygen ect. Then told me to add more prime and do 25 % water changes

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom