Progress on planted tank!

thefishn00b

Attachments

• 7778409F-FF05-4A6B-8FE0-F9CADFEAE265.jpeg
    7778409F-FF05-4A6B-8FE0-F9CADFEAE265.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 10

dcutl002

Looks like a good start! Any fish in the future?

thefishn00b

Looks like a good start! Any fish in the future?
Currently I do have fish in a 10 gal 4 Dalmatian Mollies any other ideas?

dcutl002

Hmm. 10 gallon? Maybe some catfish. Be careful how many fish that you put in a 10 gallon and always keep an eye on Nitrates. Partial water changes are your best friend.

thefishn00b

Hmm. 10 gallon? Maybe some catfish. Be careful how many fish that you put in a 10 gallon and always keep an eye on Nitrates. Partial water changes are your best friend.
What I meant was I have another tank that has 4 Dalmatian mollies, and the tank in the pic is a 29 gal sorry for the misunderstanding

Marlene327

That's a real nice start. Is cycling under way so you can get fish? Nice to already have a tank going, makes cycling a new one much easier! The crypts really grow good for me, the swords should be but have been crowded out and just kind of exist. I got a melon sword as a tiny plant 15 months ago and it's absolutely huge, then put out a runner and so there's a 2nd plant. It became the unintended star of the tank! That's a nice piece of DW, is it spider?

DCuti002 above mentioned catfish - I always love having Corydoras in my tanks. My 40 gallon has 25-30 of them in, I think, 5 varieties. I only have 2 in my 10 gallon right now but they're happy. I have shrimp in there and don't want them constantly run over by hungry cats!. The peppered cories LOVE to spawn and I've had a few surprise babies over the years. Usually all those cories enjoy eating the eggs from the glass but they miss one once in awhile! They're good for cleaning up leftover food but I feed them their own food as well. They love shrimp pellets and I just found and use Repashy. Stinky stuff but ohhh they love it! Tonight they attacked a piece of cooked zucchini.

And if you add your mollies and have babies, Cories don't bother the fry. There's so many choices for a 29 gallon, not sure if you're moving the Mollies or starting with new varieties. It's all about what you enjoy!

thefishn00b

That's a real nice start. Is cycling under way so you can get fish? Nice to already have a tank going, makes cycling a new one much easier! The crypts really grow good for me, the swords should be but have been crowded out and just kind of exist. I got a melon sword as a tiny plant 15 months ago and it's absolutely huge, then put out a runner and so there's a 2nd plant. It became the unintended star of the tank! That's a nice piece of DW, is it spider?

DCuti002 above mentioned catfish - I always love having Corydoras in my tanks. My 40 gallon has 25-30 of them in, I think, 5 varieties. I only have 2 in my 10 gallon right now but they're happy. I have shrimp in there and don't want them constantly run over by hungry cats!. The peppered cories LOVE to spawn and I've had a few surprise babies over the years. Usually all those cories enjoy eating the eggs from the glass but they miss one once in awhile! They're good for cleaning up leftover food but I feed them their own food as well. They love shrimp pellets and I just found and use Repashy. Stinky stuff but ohhh they love it! Tonight they attacked a piece of cooked zucchini.

And if you add your mollies and have babies, Cories don't bother the fry. There's so many choices for a 29 gallon, not sure if you're moving the Mollies or starting with new varieties. It's all about what you enjoy!
Yeah thank you so much it’s spider wood btw it’s cycling right as we speak :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
loverofloaches
Replies
Views
sfeath
Replies
Views
skar
Replies
Views