Programmable Intelligent Led Lighting Sytem. No Name Brand

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Acadianer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Acadianer

AcadianerValued MemberMember

Anyone have any experience with this?

2. Bizarro252

Bizarro252Well Known MemberMember

Not gonna lie, at first I was like...LEDs + Chinese = Crapola, however the specs on that look pretty good, looks like they are lying a bit on the wattage (100x 3W LEDs but a 225w draw), if the power factor of 0.9 isnt a lie thats pretty good, but if the lamp was really using 100x 3W LEDs that should put the wall draw at 300/0.9 = 333W + whatever the display and fans are using. Looks pretty nice though, glad to see they seem to have taken care to keep those things cool, I have a light with 1W LEDs and no fan and it gets pretty warm :)

3. OP
    OP
    Acadianer

There's one for sale locally on Kijiji and I think I can get it for around $80-100cdn. He wanted to sell me a 110gal c/w with two TopFin 75 filters, a heater, an air pump and the LED lights for $300. I don't want the tank after seeing it, it was originally a marine tank and the two holes that were cut in the side panel were filled in with silicone lol.

I'm just wondering if that light would be better than my 48" T8's I have right now? The T8's are 6500k. I have two 17' Submersible LED lights strips, but those I could put on my 55 or 90 gal...

4. OP
    OP
    Acadianer

I ended up getting this light. I will update once I build a canopy for it. It will be going on a 90 gallon :)

5. OP
    OP
    Acadianer

What would you guys recommend for height above the tank for this lighting setup? Until I do the canopy, I might just build a quick open frame to hang it above the tank for now...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  6. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Are you trying to grow plants with it? Or is it just for lighting your tank?

7. OP
    OP
    Acadianer

Both, we have some plants in it now, but would like them flourish more. Right now, we only have the lights on for maybe 4-5hrs per day. With the programmable, at least, it can run the necessary hours without much input.

tank(9).jpg

8. OP
    OP
    Acadianer

The above is lighted with two 17" submersible LED strips. I would move those strips to our 125g and buy one more strip. The 125 is unplanted, since it's a cichlid tank lol

9. TexasDomer

The link expired, so I wasn't able to look at the light. Do you have another link to info on the light?

10. OP
    OP
    Acadianer

It's either this:

Or this:

I'll have to confirm at home lol

11. TexasDomer

I couldn't find the light temperature on the link. Do you know what it is? Marine lights aren't always good for plants.

12. OP
    OP
    Acadianer

I kept researching (hard finding info with chinese stuff) and one spot said the white were 10000k, but it also show various numbers for the other colors lol. It also says full spectrum :p

13. TexasDomer

10000 K is what I was looking for - it should be fine for plants!

14. OP
    OP
    Acadianer

Gotta love chinese stuff. Half the lights stopped working hahahaha. Some lights got unsoldered. Not sure I want to try repairing or just use it as is with half the lights lol. I would have never known half wasn't working until I flipped it over. It's FREAKEN bright as is lol.
    Here's an image at 10% power levels lol
    17917671_10155041764681113_722354142477532760_o.jpg

15. TexasDomer

Not good half are already out though.

16. OP
    OP
    Acadianer

The wiring is probably like the old xmas tree lights. One bulb stops working, the entire thing stops lol. I'll probably solder a few to see if it does anything.

17. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

I live in china and its always a hit or a miss buying anything here. The only good thing is the country wide return or replace policy.

18. OP
    OP
    Acadianer

I've bought a lot of stuff from ebay/amazon that has come from China, but unfortunately I bought this used, therefore no return policy hehe

19. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Now i inow what happens to all the stuff i return they just sell it to some poor guy as a used product so it cant be returned.

20. OP
    OP
    Acadianer

HAHAHA

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice