Profiles & Questions Seeing On Different Posts.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joyceheatherington, May 27, 2019.

1. Joyceheatherington

JoyceheatheringtonValued MemberMember

So I notice in different posts that many people are asking questions that can be found by clicking on peoples profiles. I'm confused do most people not know they can do that?

2. AJE

AJEFishlore VIPMember

Do what?

3. OP
    OP
    Joyceheatherington

JoyceheatheringtonValued MemberMember

Do people know they can click on peoples profile? (And find the same answers they are asking in the forums.)

4. Geoff

GeoffWell Known MemberMember

Do you mean like their tank information?

5. Feohw

FeohwWell Known MemberMember

I've noticed the same - I tend to look at them when answering a thread personally. But at the same time I've noticed a lot of them are outdated so I can see why some people may not want to look at them. Though I'm sure there's also just people that aren't aware or would prefer to talk it all out.
    That's how I saw the question. Tankmates, tank size and the like.

6. Wraithen

WraithenFishlore VIPMember

Doesn't do much on mobile.

7. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

A lot are either outdated or do not have all the information. It can also be a bit of a hassle to have to go to someone’s profile every time you want to see their information. It’s easier to have that in the thread vs everyone having to switch back and forth.

On the app there is only the general information of the person and not any on their tanks or the like, so there’s no reason to even check the profile if you are using the app.

8. scarface

scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

No, I never look at them. Best not to assume anything. Like already said, the info could be outdated. Or it could be that the person has more than one tank not listed.

9. Geoff

GeoffWell Known MemberMember

I am admittedly the worst at keeping my tank info updated on my profile. I literally updated it just this past Sunday for the first time in like 2 years, maybe longer. There were two tanks on there that don’t exist anymore. Even the info in my signature was wrong. So yeah, it’s probably just easier to ask the questions rather than assuming someone’s profile is up to date; because likely more often than not, they’re outdated.