problems with my tigers

chris-m

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hi all just joiund and I'm after sum help

my tiger barbs don't look to great yestuday i had 2 die there were doing handstands later on that nite the wer just gettin took round the tank by the current then they died witch took me down to 5 my test kit ran out so i never check the water but i got advised to do a 50% water change and today 1 of them is stayin next to my filter its just hovering itl take a wee quick swim then just goes back here i noticed it keeps fadeing then its colours coming back

could any1 help point me in the right direction to make them better
thanks for any help

my water stats are annomina is between 0.4mgls/0.8mgls nitratire is 0 and ph is 8.5 water temp 24

forgot to add i did a 10% water change today and added sum microbe-lift to get the annoima down

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Crhis-m and Welcome to Fish Lore.

Sorry to hear that your Tiger Barbs aren't feeling up to par.

I would recommend that you do daily water changes of 30 to 50%. Add some Prime or Amquel + to detox any ammonia that is in your tank for 24 hours until it's time for the next water change.
Keep up with the daily water changes until you have readings of 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and under 20 nitrates.

Best of luck and please keep us posted. I hope you enjoy the site.

I'm not familiar with Microbe- Lift

Ken

chris-m

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thanks for the welcome ken

i had a look in my fish box and i had half of a bottle of pets at homes own brand of weekly water cleaner it clams to remove ammnoia and nirites so i have added some of that will keep you posted

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to fishlore!!
great advice from ken....but I'm wondering if you could post the exact name of the "pets at homes" water conditioner you have? when I google it, a ton of different brands come up...and its VERY important to make sure it detoxifies the ammonia / nitrites but still keeps it available to cycle the tank

chris-m

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
heres a link to it

something else i wonder if yous could clear up for me can you have to much oxygen in the tank? i have an airstone and on my filter i have an air regualteing valve is that a bit much?

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
chris-m said:
heres a link to it
thanks not seen this brand before...and not sure if it detoxifies or removes.....maybe some members who have used it will know?...you don't want it to remove it, just make it safe for the fish while the tank cycles (detoxifies) and prime or amquel+, will do that with daily partial water changes ...maybe you can see if your LFS carries one of those in the meantime?

chris-m

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yeah I'm gonny try get 1 of them i just used that the now because i had it here as the shops are closed here till tomorrow

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
chris-m said:
yeah I'm gonny try get 1 of them i just used that the now because i had it here as the shops are closed here till tomorrow
totally understandable...goodluck!

chris-m

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
checked it today the ammonia is coming down its now just below 0.4mgl fish seem a bit happyir today i also put up the temp to 25. should i still be putting the light on just now?

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads