Problems with email for activation of account

hyperheide

Dear Forum,

I actually wanted to join this forum a long time ago. The activation of my account was not working with my email-address. I clicked and reclicked and reclicked on the "resend activation mail"-button and nothing happened. Rechecked the spam folder every time. Nothing.
I contacted the support at least 3 times, but never got a reply. Now, I activated the account with an email address of a friend. Needless to say, that this is not a good solution.
Are there certain email providers, that are banned somehow?

Regards,
Heide

richiep

I'll give our moderator in the uk a shout for you who hopefully can get things moving for you or pass you on to a mod in your country. Coradee
In the mean time it may be worth checking your security settings just to see if you have any restrictions on.

Coradee

Welcome to Fishlore Hyperheide, I think your question is one for Mike the owner I’m sure he'll be able to help you

Mike

There is a note by the email input on the registration page:
"NOTE: outlook.com and hotmail.com emails are not working currently so the registration confirmation email may not get delivered if you use an outlook or hotmail email to register."

Please use something besides outlook or hotmail at this time.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

hyperheide

Hi Mike,

my email provider was actually gmx.de (a german provider). But the problem seems to be the same. Do you think that once the problem with outlook and hotmail is solved, all the other providers, that might currently not work, will also be accepted?

Best regards,
Heide

Mike

Hi Heide - there are thousands upon thousands of blocked email domains in place so I'm not sure if that one is blocked or not... Can you try making a free gmail email and using that?

ForceTen

Go to Google and make a new email account. Its easy and will allow you to use your own email address.

hyperheide

I am currently using the gmail-adress of a friend and it works. I will probably not create one for myself, but just keep it that way for now.
Anyway, thanks for looking into that. Seems to be a bigger problem then.

richiep

My outlook stopped working and I setup a Gmail now working

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom