problem Important

1. gothtears1 Initiate Member

my male batta keeps on flowing to the top of the tank like he is dead but he is not. when i touch the glass he moves and all but then he just floats to the top again. can someone plz tell me what the think is wrong with him?

2. steed1172 Well Known Member Member

3. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry you're worried about your betta. :(

Could you please fill out you aquarium info (located under "My settings") so we can have a better idea of what's going on in your fish's environment.

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm sorry that your betta isn't feeling well. It's impossible to give any suggestions with the little information you've given us. :(

5. gothtears1 Initiate Member

hes doing better ty steed1172 for the article it really helped i read it and bid the garlic drops and he is swimming like normal again.
    but i have another question about my friends batta he lays straight up or sometimes he will lay against the side of the tank or he will lay straight but cant swim, and he cant swim up he like just has to jolt himself up to get the food but he looks healthy.

6. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

is your friends tank cycled?

has the bettas size changed? does it look bloated? any color change?

7. gothtears1 Initiate Member

no. hes still small.no he don't look bloated. no color change

8. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

if the tank isn't cycled that is his problem. he need to cycle the tank. the betta is probably dying from ammonia poisoning.

9. erk419 Member Member

What are the water readings on both tanks?

10. gothtears1 Initiate Member

[​IMG]

11. Llama Well Known Member Member

Water readings will help greatly.

If the fish seems to be breathing rapidly 'gasping' for air, then its probably ammonia poisioning.

12. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Llama, this thread is from Dec. Hopefully things got sorted out for the better.
    From reading the other thread, this members bettas are in 1g and 16oz :(