problem with my oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott k

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
the problem i have is i have a red tiger oscar and on his gill i noticed what looked like a small with spot on it when i got closer to investigate it actually looks as though some of its gill at the bottom has rotted away or been bitten off some days the oscar wont eat but most days it has a very healthy appetite i am wondering if anybody knows what this is or if it will get any worse i have 2 oscars in the tank neither bigger than 6 inches

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Scott K,

Have your Oscars been fighting lately? Are you able to post a photo of the fish and the gill with the issues? I know it may be difficult to get a gill shot though. Are there any other white spots on the fish? Does it look fuzzy? Sorry for all of the questions but the more we know the more we may be able to help.

Too, if you would be so kind as to use complete sentences with punctuation it will be a great help. Without them the posts become very hard to read and some may even over look the post period.

"Grammatical skills are extremely important when it comes to online forums. If your message is not easy to understand it will inevitably either be misunderstood or not read at all. If your primary language is not that of the forum you are a member of just do your best and let it be known that the language is not your primary language. If it is the same language as your primary then follow the rules of the language and do not treat the forum as a text message on a cell phone, it is rude and immature. "
Above quote from Fish Lore Etiquette link below:
https://www.fishlore.com/aquariummagazine/jan08/forum-etiquette.htm

Hang on for more responses. Tell us all that you can about the fish.
Thanks!
Ken

scott k

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
my readings are ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate 0.5 these are the results of my test from this morning,
The damage to the oscars gill is not fuzzy and there are no other visible marks on the body and i have never seen the 2 oscars fighting if anything i believe they get on well.
the tank size is 375 litres and is not overstocked

thanks

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom