Problem With Light

Masoud

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
hello guys
I have 3 goldfish in a 30 gallon tank they ve been there for like 9 months now,tank is cycled everything perfect
I noticed that my goldfish are more active when just room light is on,whenever I turn their tank light(40 cm led attached to the top of the tank) they just become less active,seems like they just like a more dark tank
is it normal with goldfish? or is it the color of the led(pink and white) their light is not new they had it since I changed their tank 9 months ago

Heron

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I only keep goldfish in my pond, although I have aquariums I have never kept goldfish in them. But I have noticed that in my pond on a bright summers day my fish swim at the surface in the early morning and evening but disappear into the depths during the bright conditions of the day. Perhaps they don't like bright lights.

OP
Masoud

Masoud

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Heron said:
I only keep goldfish in my pond, although I have aquariums I have never kept goldfish in them. But I have noticed that in my pond on a bright summers day my fish swim at the surface in the early morning and evening but disappear into the depths during the bright conditions of the day. Perhaps they don't like bright lights.
ok so that explains it,maybe I should get them a smaller LED,also I noticed that they like warm light,maybe I should get a warmer light for them

New Threads