Problem with Blue crayfish

1. Pontiff Initiate Member

Hello all. I have a blue, a vanilla, and a tangerine crayfish. I've had my blue one (Nikolai) for almost 3 months now. She hasn't eaten for the past 2 weeks :/. I know before they molt they don't eat for roughly 3 days beforehand, but this has gone on a little too long for my comfort. The water parameters are all where they should be: 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5 nitrates, a ph of 7.2, and a temperature of 73. I just introduced my vanilla cray in the same tank about 3 weeks ago with a small divider to separate them. Should I try removing the white one to see if she'll eat again? I have 8 other fish in there with her besides the white crayfish. I add 2 drops of iodine every 2 weeks, I add a tablespoon of aquarium salt for every 10 gallons when performing water changes. I honestly haven't the slightest idea what could have caused her to lose her voracious apatite :(. Helpppp

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumping this up for you

3. joiakimfish Member Member

im actually look into get a blue crayfish I don't know what would cause this but hopefully someone knows something

4. Pontiff Initiate Member

I would highly suggest it! Nikolai and Chalcedony (my vanilla cray) are very entertaining. It's fun to watch them grow and acquire their own little personalities.

Nikolai has started nibbling on the live fish, cooked salmon, and strawberries I've been giving her.she hasn't been eating like she used to, but I'll take nibbles over fasting any day.