Problem with airline tubing

coolio3991

So I use sponge filters in all my tanks and the tubing keeps slipping and coming disconnected. What is a good set of tubing for airstones and sponge filters and what size I should get.

CoryMaster151

Hey there,
What’s the brand of the Sponge Filter?
I use Aqua One Tubing for all my air stones and tanks. If it still does not stay on i would try finding some clips to go on the end of the tubing that goes onto the end of the Sponge Filter to help it stay connected and not slip off the sponge filter.

Upvote 0

Cinabar

I get big rolls of 1/4 inch airline tubing at hardware stores. Fits perfectly on most aquarium appliances

Upvote 0

jmaldo

the tubing keeps slipping and coming disconnected.
I feel your pain... Happened to me a few years ago. It's tough since most of the suppliers of sponge filters/airline/stones fail to have the same specs as far as size. They vary from each supplier. One fix I have found is to warm the airline under "Hot" water then install.

Works for me.

Good Luck

Upvote 0

coolio3991

I feel your pain... Happened to me a few years ago. It's tough since most of the suppliers of sponge filters/airline/stones fail to have the same specs as far as size. They vary from each supplier. One fix I have found is to warm the airline under "Hot" water then install.

Works for me.

Good Luck
I will definitely do that thank you. I'm going to also buy some tubing tonight when I get paid. I'm going to replace all of the tubing so it's all the same color. I'm thinking of doing black or maybe clear. But I need a good stiff tubing. 1 of the kinds I have is really soft and I cant get it on right.
Hey there,
What’s the brand of the Sponge Filter?
I use Aqua One Tubing for all my air stones and tanks. If it still does not stay on i would try finding some clips to go on the end of the tubing that goes onto the end of the Sponge Filter to help it stay connected and not slip off the sponge filter.
I have a upettools double spong Filter and an aqua net corner sponge Filter

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Wasika Wahab Rafa
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies
Views
TheBettaSushi