Not open for further replies.

mattmf1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
pro and cons of sand vs gravel for mystery snails, barbs and mollies

Hello all again.

Just wanted to get opinions of sand vs gravel in my tank. Right now it is gravel, but I am leaning towards changing to sand for the corys and peacock eel. What are the other benefits or problems with sand relating to my other fish.

Thanks again for letting me tap your experience.

Last edited:

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There should be a few active threads about this same subject. Let's see if we can find you the links for them.

Here's a whole slew of threads....

mattmf1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I searched alot for threads about the differences before i posted this question, and they helped alot. I apologize if i didn't get my point accross well enough. I meant from the point of view of my cories and eel. would they be much happier in a sand enviroment, or could sand be a problem for my mollies, barbs and mystery snails? also, i had alot of issues with the initial setup of my tank do to bum info from the LPS. should i wait until i am cycled and stable to make the switch?

thanks again.

Last edited:

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Glad you edited your original question. You might want to (if you can), change the name of your thread to include those specific fish. I can't help you with this one, but I'm sure others who have experience with those species can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 21 70.0%

Top Bottom