Question Pro And Cons Of Air Pump In Betta Tank

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You mean like an air stone? Pro would be more surface agitation and bubbles, yay for bubbles. Con would be bubbles, lol some bettas hate movement. How big is your tank? If big enough it should be ok as long as there’s an area without much movement. Other bettas love swimming in bubbles.

NanaW

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You mean like an air stone? Pro would be more surface agitation and bubbles, yay for bubbles. Con would be bubbles, lol some bettas hate movement. How big is your tank? If big enough it should be ok as long as there’s an area without much movement. Other bettas love swimming in bubbles.
He is in a 15g

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I vote bubble volcano. Lol. I can't really think of any cons to having some type of bubbler. A bubble wall at the back, a simple air stone or some kind of bubbling ornament.

FerretsLover

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The only no-no that is really important is how is fins are 'made'... had to took my bubbles out of one of my bettas tank (10g) because his pectoral fins are a little bit curve, and when he was playing with his bubbles some got stuck in his fins and well i came to his room to a beautiful red ballon hanging at the top.... so no more bubbles for Monty.
20181015_212632.jpg

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In my believe a betta is one of the species that can live in water that's pretty low on oxygen (aisn't that why they got the second breathingsystem) From that point of view I'd say it isn't needed (even in smaller tanks). Don't they hate too much sutfaceagitation?

NanaW

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
In my believe a betta is one of the species that can live in water that's pretty low on oxygen (aisn't that why they got the second breathingsystem) From that point of view I'd say it isn't needed (even in smaller tanks). Don't they hate too much sutfaceagitation?
They do I have my output nozzles both covered with round media sponges that is why I was thinking I might need a bubbler but if not even better just more noise lol

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They do I have my output nozzles both covered with round media sponges that is why I was thinking I might need a bubbler but if not even better just more noise lol
But I am not a real betta knower Nana.
So other members probably can tell better.

NanaW

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My Sid has never made a bubble nest since he left the 1.5g !!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom