prime

Discussion in 'Water Conditioners and Supplements' started by brokenwing, Mar 24, 2010.

1. brokenwingWell Known MemberMember

After reading on this forum about everyone using prime, I ordered some, and received it saturday. Today is my day for water changes. I want to use it and feel dumb, how do u all measure it out. I have a 15 gallon tank. they say 1 capful is 1ml, and is for 50 gallons, so do u all use a syringe to measure out a smaller dose.

2. thequietman44

thequietman44Valued MemberMember

I usually buy Prime in the smaller bottle with the dropper lid. 2 drops treats 1 gallon. It's a bit less cost effective, but it's much easier to measure out.

I think the larger ones with the cap measurements have little markings on the inside for smaller amounts, but I may be thinking of another water conditioner.

3. lorabellWell Known MemberMember

I use an eyedropper...... I do 1 drop per gallon...then I always a just a smidge more

4. OP
    OP
    b

brokenwingWell Known MemberMember

ya with prime it seems to be that u dont need much. a few dorps treats alot of water.

5. ilikefishValued MemberMember

for my 10 gallon It says one cap-full is for 55g so I just cover the bottom of the cap-full for one 10 gallon...

6. ilikefishValued MemberMember

ps prime is a lifesaver!

7. wonton55912Valued MemberMember

i just put a tiny amount in the 10gal. about enough to cover the bottom of the cap

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice