prime

Discussion in 'Water Conditioners and Supplements' started by brokenwing, Mar 24, 2010.

1. brokenwingWell Known MemberMember

After reading on this forum about everyone using prime, I ordered some, and received it saturday. Today is my day for water changes. I want to use it and feel dumb, how do u all measure it out. I have a 15 gallon tank. they say 1 capful is 1ml, and is for 50 gallons, so do u all use a syringe to measure out a smaller dose.

2. thequietman44Valued MemberMember

I usually buy Prime in the smaller bottle with the dropper lid. 2 drops treats 1 gallon. It's a bit less cost effective, but it's much easier to measure out.

I think the larger ones with the cap measurements have little markings on the inside for smaller amounts, but I may be thinking of another water conditioner.

3. lorabellWell Known MemberMember

I use an eyedropper...... I do 1 drop per gallon...then I always a just a smidge more

4. brokenwingWell Known MemberMember

ya with prime it seems to be that u dont need much. a few dorps treats alot of water.

5. ilikefishValued MemberMember

for my 10 gallon It says one cap-full is for 55g so I just cover the bottom of the cap-full for one 10 gallon...

6. ilikefishValued MemberMember

ps prime is a lifesaver!

7. wonton55912Valued MemberMember

i just put a tiny amount in the 10gal. about enough to cover the bottom of the cap