Prime Deal Thoughts??? Important

1. brousecasey12 Well Known Member Member

I'm on Amazon prime and came across this lighting unit for $71. I want to change my lighting situation as the only light I have on it is the one from my 55 gallon kit and it's not very bright. Also, a little color in the aquarium would be fun, for all I get is the standard light ! I want to know if this is a good set. If it is, I plan on buying two, since the 24" is the one on sale currently. If there are better ones, let me know!
    cd035237d11a94960fc3b2d6960b6a59.jpg
    Also, how many filters does a 55 gallon need? I have the aqueon 55 power filter and was wondering if I should /need to get another filter? I am looking at the aquaclear 70, as it is on sale for $31.
    Let me know your thoughts as the sale is ending very shortly!!! :)
    Thanks everyone!

2. Books&Fish Well Known Member Member

I don't have that unit, but I've heard great things about it. $71 is a good price now, but you have to be a Prime member to get it. See the history here (green is Amazon, blue is 3rd party): current usa.png I had to edit my email address out. Oops.

3. brousecasey12 Well Known Member Member

Hahaha thanks! I am a prime member but was just browsing on my iPad, not my computer where I do the actual buying! Thanks for your response!

4. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

We started a thread on this already where we thought the aquaclear 70 was a pretty good deal. Not so much on the 110.

I believe there is another light system coming up in a few hours as well.