Prime Deal Thoughts???

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by brousecasey12, Jul 11, 2017.

1. brousecasey12

brousecasey12Well Known MemberMember

I'm on Amazon prime and came across this lighting unit for $71. I want to change my lighting situation as the only light I have on it is the one from my 55 gallon kit and it's not very bright. Also, a little color in the aquarium would be fun, for all I get is the standard light ! I want to know if this is a good set. If it is, I plan on buying two, since the 24" is the one on sale currently. If there are better ones, let me know!
    cd035237d11a94960fc3b2d6960b6a59.jpg
    Also, how many filters does a 55 gallon need? I have the aqueon 55 power filter and was wondering if I should /need to get another filter? I am looking at the aquaclear 70, as it is on sale for $31.
    Let me know your thoughts as the sale is ending very shortly!!! :)
    Thanks everyone!

2. Books&Fish

Books&FishWell Known MemberMember

I don't have that unit, but I've heard great things about it. $71 is a good price now, but you have to be a Prime member to get it. See the history here (green is Amazon, blue is 3rd party): current usa.png I had to edit my email address out. Oops.

3. OP
    OP
    brousecasey12

brousecasey12Well Known MemberMember

Hahaha thanks! I am a prime member but was just browsing on my iPad, not my computer where I do the actual buying! Thanks for your response!

4. tyguy7760

tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

We started a thread on this already where we thought the aquaclear 70 was a pretty good deal. Not so much on the 110.

I believe there is another light system coming up in a few hours as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice