Prime Day Fishy Deals

1. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

No idea what the proper forum would be for this but just so you guys know

Amazon is having their prime day today. I have seen there are going to be some upcoming deals on the aquaclear hang on back filters today. Might be worth checking out depending on what they go for. Also the fluval fx6 will be going on sale today as well.

Looks like the aquaclear 70 just went on sale for 33 bucks. Not bad

Amazon.com : AquaClear 70 Power Filter - 110 V, UL Listed (Includes AquaClear 70 Carbon, AquaClear 70 Foam & AquaClear 70 BioMax : Aquarium Filters : Pet Supplies

2. CPARKTX Member Member

The Fluval 206 is also on sale for 31% off, ending soon

3. Books&Fish Well Known Member Member

The Aquaclear 110 will be on sale in 10 minutes.

The API freshwater master test kit will be on sale at 4:39 pm central time.

API liquid ammonia test kits on sale at 12:54 pm central.

Not too many fish items available.

4. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

60 bucks for the aquaclear 110....was hoping for less than that

5. Books&Fish Well Known Member Member

It is disappointing from a Prime Day standpoint. It's becoming like black friday where deals aren't necessarily deals. Do you use camelcamelcamel? It's an easy way to price watch.

It doesn't appear to ever have been less than $60 since 2012 except one glitch where it was around $25 in 2014.

6. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

yeah...tempting..but the aquaclear 70 at 33 seems like a better deal from a value perspective

7. Books&Fish Well Known Member Member

It is a better deal in any perspective. The 70 is normally $50 and frequently goes on sale for $40. Less than that is an actual deal. So, I agree.

8. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Hmm..oh well I think I'll pass on these deals. Still not quite as good of a deal as the quietflows are regularly.

9. xapoc Member Member

Rip off on every corner.

10. jmaldo Well Known Member Member

Just a heads up. Been looking at some items before Prime Day, it appears they actually increased some items by a few dollars. Shame Shame. So you might think your getting a deal but...

11. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah. The only thing I've bought so far was a kindle fire 7 kids edition. Those are 100 bucks normall and they had them for 70. Plus I had about 30 bucks credit.

Watching some other deals currently. We'll see if they are actually deals. the aquaclear 70 was a pretty good deal if you are an aquaclear exclusive kind of person. 33 bucks for the AC 70 is as cheap as I've ever seen it. But that still isn't the same value as an aqueon

12. Over It Well Known Member Member

I wish I would have waited now. I really wanted an Aquaclear 70, but I got the Marineland 200 instead since it was on sale in the store for $10 off and I already had one. Oh well. Maybe next time.

13. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

fx6 is on sale for 247. Good deal if you are in the market for one.

14. vikingkirken Well Known Member Member

So is Prime Day like at the grocery store, where they put everything on sale to disguise an upcoming price increase? "Cheese just $3.39! Regularly $4.69!"--but the regular price was $3.99 last week.

15. jmaldo Well Known Member Member

They all do it, I think it's terrible when they have 2 for $5 and regular price is $2.25 for 1. I did pickup the 70 filter it was a good price.

16. OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

10-15% off is pretty weak. Some of the better vendors do 25% off storewide a half dozen times per year. Usually around holidays.

17. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Thank you for posting this! I do need another F6 for a tank I am setting up- sold!!

18. Cricket lynn mclean Well Known Member Member

I got the filter thank you. I wouldn't say it's quite like the grocery stores. Yesterday I bought a light hood that was on sale for a good price. Today it's a prime deal for a GREAT price :'(

19. Fashooga Well Known Member Member

buy the Prime deal and send the other one back.

20. MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Not a big fan of Amazon in general. I like seeing and getting my hands on the product that I'm going to purchase and bring home. So I'll stick with the LFS.