prices for plants

1. fbn Well Known Member Member

Can someone help me with prices on these plants?? I am looking to get them off of the internet, but do not want to pay too much :) Thanks!! (for a SINGLE plant)
    1.banana plant
    2. aponogenton crispus..And if anyone has had this plant, can you tell me you experience and what temps does it like?
    3. java fern bunch
    4. Onion dwarf plants..It is 5 of them for $4.50...is that a good price?

Please if you cannot answer about all of these plants, feel free to answer about the ones you do!! Thanks!

2. DRock914 Member Member

banana plant I pay either 1.99 or 2.99 at my LFSs.

3. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

What kind of lighting do you have? The apon crispus is a relatively delicate plant IME (although others say it's easy), and didn't do well for me with a twin tube normal output flourescent fixture. I would recommend PC or HO T5 lighting for this plant.

Banana plants can be found at LFSs for about $4-6 I think, same for java ferns. Not sure about the dwarf onion, I've never kept it.

4. DRock914 Member Member

The LFSs by you are charging $4-6 per banana plant?

5. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

I haven't priced them in a couple years. That was the going rate in Louisville but everything is cheaper where I am now. Prices on plants and livestock vary greatly from location to location.

6. fbn Well Known Member Member

I have a flourescent light. Thank you for the replies!!

Drock I live in PA, so our prices might be relatively close??

7. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Apon crispus is a beautiful plant, but may not tolerate low light. Then again, with root tabs it may be worth a shot. :)

8. fbn Well Known Member Member

I do not buy stuff for my plants :). I have a valisneria that is amazing! It is very beautiful plant too. Thanks everyone!

9. DRock914 Member Member

Maybe, 1.99 is a store I go to in queens and petland discounts. 2.99 is my LFS.

10. kacie Member Member

Also check out aquabid for plant packages. Some good plant retailers also put up bids that are much more for much less.

11. fbn Well Known Member Member

Yes, Kacie, that is why I am asking haha :). Thanks everyone!