Price Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by MongooseALaMode, Jul 19, 2017.

1. MongooseALaMode

MongooseALaModeWell Known MemberMember

Is this really worth it? Would i be able to resell for more if I cleaned it up a bit?

Attached Files:

2. platy21

platy21Well Known MemberMember

Used aquariums really don't go for that much, which is unfortunate if you're trying to sell but great if looking to buy. I wouldn't pay that much for 15g tank. Considering that petco runs dollar per gallon sales every few months you could get a brand new one for $15. The only thing I think could be worth it is the stand. But it is a pretty small tank so stands wouldn't be too much anyway.

3. shiv234

shiv234Well Known MemberMember

looks good to me..cause i pay about 23US for a 15 gallon aquarium and the stand looks good to

4. DiscusluvWell Known MemberMember

I think it sounds like a great deal- I would pay it.

5. bopsalot

bopsalotWell Known MemberMember

The stand makes that a good value. Perfect for a quarantine...

6. RyanLewisValued MemberMember

I have yet to find a tank and stand combo for less than 200 dollars so it's better than most

7. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06Well Known MemberMember

I think it depends on area, I live in Canada and 40$USD is to much for a 15g with stand, I could get one for 30$cnd which is about 23$ USD.

at 50$ cnd where I am can get you a 30g with stand , filter , heater.

8. OP
    OP
    MongooseALaMode

MongooseALaModeWell Known MemberMember

Drive up here and pick it up! :p

9. NavigatorBlack

NavigatorBlackFishlore VIPMember

It depends on the local market, if you are urban or rural. how many local stores there are, etc. I just had an e-mail offering me a 30, fully equipped with a stand for $20, and told the person they should advertise it for $50, about market value around here.

10. grantm91

grantm91Fishlore VIPMember

I got this for £40 of a buy and sell site IMG_2580.JPGIMG_3183.JPG
    Got it to sell on but just pictured my reef in there so ended up keeping, il drive at the drop of a hat when i see i can double money on something now i have the eye for stuff i always send silly offers to people sometimes they accept them. Thats a clear seal rimless 32g 10mm thick glass it could have fetched £95 round here. Then you run the risk of the drive and its scratched i did that once drove 80miles.
    IMG_3097.JPG

Got that for £350, 100% scratch free and they retail at £1000 , you have to know what your doing to be successful my first 55g i got ripped on it was scratched and had a broken filter and light and i gave the guy £200. Lesson learnt from that lol your from the us? Im British and at a glance thats just a reasonably priced tank no bargain i don't think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice