Price Question

1. MongooseALaMode

MongooseALaMode Well Known Member Member

Is this really worth it? Would i be able to resell for more if I cleaned it up a bit?

Attached Files:

2. platy21

platy21 Well Known Member Member

Used aquariums really don't go for that much, which is unfortunate if you're trying to sell but great if looking to buy. I wouldn't pay that much for 15g tank. Considering that petco runs dollar per gallon sales every few months you could get a brand new one for $15. The only thing I think could be worth it is the stand. But it is a pretty small tank so stands wouldn't be too much anyway.

3. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

looks good to me..cause i pay about 23US for a 15 gallon aquarium and the stand looks good to

4. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

I think it sounds like a great deal- I would pay it.

5. bopsalot

bopsalot Well Known Member Member

The stand makes that a good value. Perfect for a quarantine...

6. R

RyanLewis Valued Member Member

I have yet to find a tank and stand combo for less than 200 dollars so it's better than most

7. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

I think it depends on area, I live in Canada and 40$USD is to much for a 15g with stand, I could get one for 30$cnd which is about 23$ USD.

at 50$ cnd where I am can get you a 30g with stand , filter , heater.

8. OP
    OP
    MongooseALaMode

MongooseALaMode Well Known Member Member

Drive up here and pick it up! :p

9. NavigatorBlack

NavigatorBlack Fishlore VIP Member

It depends on the local market, if you are urban or rural. how many local stores there are, etc. I just had an e-mail offering me a 30, fully equipped with a stand for $20, and told the person they should advertise it for $50, about market value around here.

10. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

I got this for £40 of a buy and sell site IMG_2580.JPG IMG_3183.JPG
    Got it to sell on but just pictured my reef in there so ended up keeping, il drive at the drop of a hat when i see i can double money on something now i have the eye for stuff i always send silly offers to people sometimes they accept them. Thats a clear seal rimless 32g 10mm thick glass it could have fetched £95 round here. Then you run the risk of the drive and its scratched i did that once drove 80miles.
    IMG_3097.JPG

Got that for £350, 100% scratch free and they retail at £1000 , you have to know what your doing to be successful my first 55g i got ripped on it was scratched and had a broken filter and light and i gave the guy £200. Lesson learnt from that lol your from the us? Im British and at a glance thats just a reasonably priced tank no bargain i don't think.