Prevent a mystery snail from escaping

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by RRBWG, Jul 4, 2015.

1. RRBWGValued MemberMember

Hello everyone. I am thinking of getting a mystery snail for my bettas 10 gallon tank and I'm not sure how to prevent the snail from escaping from my tank as I have some plants sticking out of the back of the tank through the filter slit on the hood. Any opinions? Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Bijou88 might be able to help you, she knows a lot about these snails. Good luck!

3. BettasAndAnOscar

BettasAndAnOscarValued MemberMember

I have a mystery snail in my divided betta tank, and another in my 29 gallon community. I have never had troubles with them escaping. Mainly, mine stay on the bottom and eat plant debris (AND PLANTS!). Nerite snails are the only ones I've had escape. Even then, they've never been more than partially out of the water. I just leave them alone and they go back in by themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. Gekco

GekcoWell Known MemberMember

Nerite snails are the best snails that like to escape, however I have had none escape mostly because I have a lid on my tank (I do find them above the water level though). IMO, if you have a lid on your aquarium then I don't think that you'll have issues with escaping snails.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice