Pretty sure these are snail eggs...

LinasPlantLife

I just want to confirm. If these are snail eggs, what kind do you think they are? I've rinsed all the plants off in this order and I'm once again using alum. Ugh. Not a good start to my keeping plants. Snails creep me out, except for mystery snails, and I hate the idea of my tank becoming infested.

Attachments

• IMG-6171.jpg
    IMG-6171.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 28

StarGirl

Sure enough. Probably Bladder or Ramshorn. They will turn white in the Alum.

Upvote 0

Sweetie07

Hiya - I have those jelly spawn eggs in my tanks at the moment - I'm pretty sure they've came from Tadpole snails (I've got a couple of Ramshorn snails too but these egg blobs only appeared when a friend sent me a couple of Tadpole snails...) they're so creepy! ops:

Upvote 0

LinasPlantLife

Sure enough. Probably Bladder or Ramshorn. They will turn white in the Alum.
Ick. Okay, thanks haha.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Hiya - I have those jelly spawn eggs in my tanks at the moment - I'm pretty sure they've came from Tadpole snails (I've got a couple of Ramshorn snails too but these egg blobs only appeared when a friend sent me a couple of Tadpole snails...) they're so creepy! ops:
They are probably the Ramshorn snails if they look like that. They take a bit to show up.

Upvote 0

Sweetie07

Look pretty similar to me! :confused:

Attachments

• 20201231_112035.jpg
    20201231_112035.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 25
Upvote 0

LinasPlantLife

I agree, really creepy!
They are probably the Ramshorn snails if they look like that. They take a bit to show up.
The alum dip should work, right? I'm going to leave everything to soak for three days.
Wow, that's scary :eek:

Upvote 0

Kribensis27

Yes, those look like bladder or pond snail eggs.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

I agree, really creepy!

The alum dip should work, right? I'm going to leave everything to soak for three days.

Wow, that's scary :eek:
I really don't think you need 3 days. If they turn white they are dead.

Upvote 0

Sweetie07

I've just added a picture, but there was one of those pesky Tadpole snails riding around on my large Rabbit snails head for a while yesterday, and when he finally shook it off there was a jelly blob there where it had been - fascinating but gross! I'll try and add a picture

Upvote 0

Kribensis27

I think those are actually ramshorn eggs. Bladder snails tend to lay slightly smaller clumps and the babies inside have a slightly more yellow appearance IME.

Upvote 0

LinasPlantLife

Yes, those look like bladder or pond snail eggs.
I really hope the alum dip works At least if they were ramshorns I could try selling them if they somehow survived the alum dip. But bladder or pond snails! Yikes.
I really don't think you need 3 days. If they turn white they are dead.
Oh, okay. I didn't see them anymore when rinsing the plant off, but I wanted to make sure anything else left on the plant that I wasn't seeing would be gone. I'll check for anything white when I take the plants out of the dip.

Upvote 0

Sweetie07

I think those are actually ramshorn eggs. Bladder snails tend to lay slightly smaller clumps and the babies inside have a slightly more yellow appearance IME.
Wow that's interesting - the blob on my rabbit snail's head after his tadpole hitchhiker left was little, but those large gross blobs on the filter I could've sworn were the fault of the Tadpoles - I'm a bit scared of them to be honest, they look like little cockroaches!! :eek:

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Wow that's interesting - the blob on my rabbit snail's head after his tadpole hitchhiker left was little, but those large gross blobs on the filter I could've sworn were the fault of the Tadpoles - I'm a bit scared of them to be honest, they look like little cockroaches!! :eek:
Try to remove them or you will have LOTS of snails. That is a big bunch of eggs.

Upvote 0

Sweetie07

Urghh definitely - I've been raking in both of my tanks with surgical gloves and a tank sponge trying my hardest not to throw up..! ops: I'm not overly thrilled about the 'present' of the Tadpole snails my friend sent me - I'm trying hard to find homes for them!!

Upvote 0

Kribensis27

Urghh definitely - I've been raking in both of my tanks with surgical gloves and a tank sponge trying my hardest not to throw up..! ops: I'm not overly thrilled about the 'present' of the Tadpole snails my friend sent me - I'm trying hard to find homes for them!!
Those are actually one of my favorite snails. They’re so active and fun, and they do a great job with algae.

Upvote 0

DanielFish

Yeah, those look like snail eggs!!

Upvote 0

Sweetie07

Here's a picture of my beautiful Rabbit snail Marmalade with a Tadpole snail laying an egg on his head.... :confused:
Those are actually one of my favorite snails. They’re so active and fun, and they do a great job with algae.
Shame you don't live in my home town hun - I would happily re-gift them to you (I can't get over the cockroachy likeness!) :eek:

Attachments

• 20210110_134138.jpg
    20210110_134138.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 17
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
OperaGhostOG
Replies
Views