Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Pretty Proud! Saved Fish Life

Discussion in 'Platy' started by JamieLu, Apr 6, 2019.

1. JamieLuValued MemberMember

I just wanted to post because in pretty stinking proud of myself. I have some platy juvies that were given to me and are in my 75gal. Well about 2-3days ago i was checking on everyone and noticed a belly up dead fish, in between blades of fake grass. I messed with it to see if there was movement and there was none. So i went to take the decor out and remove the fish when i noticed slight movement, i got him out of the grass and he just floated but was trying to breath. He really looked like a goner, and im not sure what happened to him, if he just got stuck or was bullied or how long he had been there. I put him in a cup and acclimated him to my other tank. Hes missing part of his side fin and tail. But hes totally happy and perfect now. I saved a life! Yay! (Hes the one missing pieces of his tail) 15545528431151740435086.jpg

2. PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

Glad he’s alright!

3. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Well done !

4. Aqua FanValued MemberMember

You should be very proud of saving his life :)

5. firesflighttWell Known MemberMember

yay!! you saved him!
    i had a very similar situation with a guppy of mine. scared me to death.

6. JamieLuValued MemberMember

Yes i thought for sure he was a goner. I didnt plan on releasing him into the other tank, its just alot smaller and a little warmer so i put him in a cup and floated it while honestly i was waiting for him to die since he couldnt even stay upright. Well the following morning the cup was tipped over and i figured he was dead somewhere but he was very much alive and swimming as if nothin happened. I am very happy hes ok and hopefully his tail and side fin will heal without problems! Thanks for the support everyone!