10 Gallon Tank Pretty Balloon Babies

Daisy7216

Reaction score
Hello all! My balloon molly fry are now 13 weeks! I'm so overly excited about my babies. Before I got them, I had no idea how to raise fry, and I'm so so so excited that the two I saved have survived! It's quite strange to me that the male is the larger of the two, but the female was very timid for a long time. In fact, I thought the genders were swapped until last night, since the male is so much larger than the female.

I'm not sure yet if I will keep them both as I dont want tons of babies, so I'm thinking of getting rid of the male if I can find him a forever home, but if I cant I will probably be just as happy with him in my larger tank. He has beautiful coloring, with flecks of blue and copper that really adds to his black and white. I wish I had a better camera so I could really capture there beauty, I love my babies!

The female is also so gorgeous, and is my favorite of the two as she was veryyy well hidden when I found her in the tank. She was hiding on a dark colored hut in a crease, which worked perfectly for her since she was a dark brown at birth, i will always give her credit for being so smart!

This post was mostly just to talk about my babies, i hope that's okay, i am still getting used to how this site works and it seems that a lot of the posts are questions so i feel a little weary of posting something that's not asking for help as I feel that I am doing it wrong. But please feel free to share your beautiful babies! I would love to see more because I'm just in love with these little guys, I spend about 2-3 hours a day just watching them swim happily and it's always the highlight of my day.
20190502_134724.jpg
20190502_134846.jpg
20190502_140637.jpg
SmartSelect_20190502-140701_Gallery.jpg

Daisy7216

Reaction score
Ahhh yes! I love watching my baby enders and baby platies grow. I really like the female. She is so pretty!
You know, Its just my luck, but the male died last night. The female wasnt looking to well and was starting to tip on her side for awhile. I stayed up till 6 am, trying to save the male but he didnt make it. After that I left the female alone, hoping she would make a comeback but I didnt expect it, but shes okay this morning! I'm so overly greatful she fought so hard and is okay. And thank you! I'm loving this forum so much, I spend so much time on here.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom