Preparing For Ebr

1. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

Okay so I'm hopefully getting an EBR or two on Wednesday :) i am super excited about it. I just want to run a few things past the members here to see if they agree. I know I'll need to adjust my temperature up but there are fish that are already in the tank. Do these temp ranges sound right to you guys? I'm trying to find the sweet spot.

Bronze cory - 22-29 (71-84)
    Cory similis - 21-27 (70-80)
    Clown loach - 25-30 (77-86)
    Gold gourami - 23-28 (73-82)
    Angelfish - 24-29 (75-84)
    Serpae tetra - 22-26 (71-79)
    Rainbow shark - 22-28 (71-82)

Electric blue ram - 25-29 (77-84)

Any other advice about the EBR you would like to pass on? Sorry I've been posting A LOT lately, between the EBR coming and my cory eggs I have a lot of questions! :)

2. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Very little overlap between the smudge spot cories and the EBR.

A couple I would change
    Angels 78-84f
    Rainbow shark 72-78f
    EBR 80-84f

3. OP
    OP
    kayla.s

Yeah I noticed the overlap is a bit small @BottomDweller right now I'm thinking 28°C will be the best... Tank currently sits at 25°C

4. C

ChiefBrody Member Member

+1 you'll never get the rams to breed in that Goldie locks zone. Most cories like it cool. I kno sterbais like it warmer but

5. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Too warm for the rainbow shark and cories though

6. OP
    OP
    kayla.s

Hmm... might have to move the similis to the other tank then :( don't know what to do about the rainbow however @BottomDweller

@ChiefBrody I don't even know what sex they will be if I decide to get two... apparently sexing them is quite hard whilst they are young? So don't know if there will be breeding, though I definitely wouldn't complain if they did...

7. C

ChiefBrody Member Member

Check for blue iridescent spots within they're big spot. Those are the girls

8. OP
    OP
    kayla.s

Big spot? Where on them is the big spot (sorry for the silly question, but I haven't seen any spots on the ones I've seen) @ChiefBrody