Preparing For A New 65 Gallon Build

1. GainesPM Initiate Member

I have tried my hand with live plants in my smaller tanks and am wanting to try a more challenging aquascape in my new, larger tank.
    I have some inspiration shown here but I'm not wanting to replicate that exactly.
    I want to do a sand foreground with a larger river rock divider before smaller river gravel behind it and more rounded.
    I want do do some shorter plants around the edge and build up the back. I'm thinking kind of a lake look. I like the driftwood for the back and maybe attaching some java moss to give it life. I like the bright blue background from the picture also. I just am not sure how to build up the back without adding a ton of weight.
    I'm concerned about weight on a wrought iron stand. I don't want to build with rock and I don't like the idea of ramping up the river gravel. I saw some suggestions about using eggcrate or filling water bottles to build up the back.
    Anyone have suggestions?

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. outlaw Well Known Member Member

Welcome to fishlore!

I don't know if it's just me, but I read that as there was a picture being referenced but I'm not seeing one. Unless your adding a lot (100+ extra pounds) I personally wouldn't be concerned. You may want to look into using styrofoam/process that people use for building 3d backgrounds. Would be same concept, just the bottom instead of the back.

4. GainesPM Initiate Member

This was the inspiration picture.

Attached Files:

5. GainesPM Initiate Member

Attached Files: