Prego? Or Just A Dark Gravid?

Bubbleguppy9382

Valued Member
Reaction score
Got this gorgeous girl and got rid of a ugly 1 but, I got her so I could breed her with my best looking male...but think I'm to late...is she preg? Or is her spot just black?

Attachments

Kiks

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Considering that it's a guppy and it sounds like you just got her from the store, I'm gonna go ahead and say that she was already pregnant when you bought her. Guppy females spend most of their life being pregnant.

Bubbleguppy9382

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well she very pretty and the make in the tank were stunning crossing my fingers she lives and birth pretty babys

elding14

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well she very pretty and the make in the tank were stunning crossing my fingers she lives and birth pretty babys
Hi there! She’s very pretty indeed. If she is pregnant you’ll notice her getting more of a boxy stomach shape. And even if she is pregnant and ends up having babies, you should only have to wait about a month for more with whatever male you have her with!

Bubbleguppy9382

Valued Member
Reaction score
I got her from a store to breed her with a male wot huh similar marking but he was dead when I got home gonna go get a male from where she came from they were beautiful! And hope they can mate but shes pregnanant think she has a few weeks though shes not to boxy yet

Bubbleguppy9382

Valued Member
Reaction score
Out of 9 fish I that tank 2 are pleccos... hes the only 1 that died my nitrogyns were a little high I scone filter put 2/3 the water with w the rim tested water all the other fish are fin I think he was just sick

This fish is in a totally diff tank only 2 other females and I know her and 1 other are pregnant but no where near birth I think the other might be pregnant

Last edited by a moderator:

elding14

Valued Member
Reaction score
Out of 9 fish I that tank 2 are pleccos... hes the only 1 that died my nitrogyns were a little high I scone filter put 2/3 the water with w the rim tested water all the other fish are fin I think he was just sick

This fish is in a totally diff tank only 2 other females and I know her and 1 other are pregnant but no where near birth I think the other might be pregnant
How big is the tank with the plecos? How big is the tank with the female?

Fancytailaquatics

Reaction score
I have breed guppies for 10 years, All females are gravid if they have been with a male in the last 28 days after about 8 weeks old. She certainly is. They will store male sperm up to about 5-8 months and give birth if no other male is present, fact. If they get stressed, they can absorb fry, so keep that in mind!

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Any female thats been with a male has the possibility to drop fry for the rest of her life. All they need is one encounter, you could put her in a tank by herself and she'll pop them out for the next year and a half.

Bubbleguppy9382

Valued Member
Reaction score
Just now I found like 5 or 6 babys!! And the adults are leaving them alone 1 swam graceful past them! Know ideas who mommy is though

It her having babys! Shes inky 1 isolating herself and thinning out and gravid spot is smaller and less black still have a few in they're though so far I found between 6-8 but they're all hidden around the tank

This little 1 is not shy! It's all over the tank, first found her swimming with the adults who thankfully are leaving the babys alone!

Attachments

AngryRainbow

Valued Member
Reaction score
If there's only 6-8 fry from one birth, that's either a small batch of fry or the grown ones have been snacking. I wouldn't place bets on the adults being nice even though you've observed it

Bubbleguppy9382

Valued Member
Reaction score
She still has some in her belly, I am going to move the adults to community tank just waiting a few more hours to make sure could be more theyres plants rim to rim bottom and floating

Suze of her 6 days ago when I got her, she wasn't fat and kinda small so I didnt no she was pregnant just that her gavris spit was dark and squarish 6 days later I think she just had a tiny batch or still pushing, she is pushing while jell out guessing embree stuff

I took it advice thoughts of them snacking and moved the other 2 pregnant fish to the community and left mana and babys in nursery till probably tomorrow or midnight so she can finish

Shes still pushing I watch 1 come out so freaking cool! Thanks for the snacking tip she seems happier alone rn

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom