prego?

• You’re a grandparent

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Logan2019

Reaction score
Hi- new fishkeeper here... we lost two tetras when we set up our 10 gal tank- and since then I’ve been super paranoid so i watch them neurotically. Is my guppy pregnant? My wife pointed it out when we first got them about 10 days ago but now it’s huge and I’m nervous she’s sick or hoping she’s pregs but she doesn’t have a dark spot near the anus. Behavior is normal, eats normal, swims in all areas of the tank. Help!

Attachments

Logan2019

Reaction score
Oof I know nothing. Lol. I will make sure he eats a little less now- he always crowds out the other guppy’s. Thanks y’all!!!

windrunner9189

Well Known Member
Reaction score
honestly i would fast them all for a couple days, then reduce your feedings. maybe simultaneously drop a little food on one side, and then some on the other. his scales don't look pineconed, so that's good.

Somthingfishy01

Valued Member
Reaction score
I would also be on the lookout for dropsy, this could be early signs oF dropsy...they might even behave perfectly normal but I don't think it could just have had a big meal or something because it looks unnaturally big like it might be pregnant and since it's a male then it could mean dropsy, Not trying to scare you or anything but it might be good to do a water change and add some medications. Just my two cents, I could be wrong though.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom