Pregnant?

Grace4514

First time getting platy andddd I wasn't planning on breeding.( think this one to the right is female)
20200927_112206.jpg

20200927_112208.jpg
This one looks a lot more "plump" than the others, so I was curious if she was. If so maybe someone might know how far along she is. I would feel bad if all the fry were eaten because I wasnt there lol
20200927_112210.jpg

AcornTheBetta

Grace4514 said:
First time getting platy andddd I wasn't planning on breeding.( think this one to the right is female)
20200927_112206.jpg

20200927_112208.jpg
This one looks a lot more "plump" than the others, so I was curious if she was. If so maybe someone might know how far along she is. I would feel bad if all the fry were eaten because I wasnt there lol
20200927_112210.jpg
She looks pregnant. I would say she is moderately far along. Maybe give birth is about 10ish (probably a little more like 15 ish). If you want the fry to survive just provide a lot of cover and the strongest of the fry will survive

Betta'sAnonymous

We don't really do much special for the platy fry. We aleays have several plants in the tank. Though i did just replace the sponge on the filter intake...we figure in our house we don't need or want all the fry to survive but we do like to have a few make it. Keeps the tank nicely stocked and don't have to go buy fish again for a good while!

Grace4514

Thank you guys so much! Will artifical plants work? I'm growing live plants but there's not enough for fry to hide in

Betta'sAnonymous

Grace4514 said:
Thank you guys so much! Will artifical plants work? I'm growing live plants but there's not enough for fry to hide in
All we have is silk and plastic plants and a few caves in our platy tank.

Grace4514

Thank you :)

Top Bottom