Pregnant Swordtail? Important

1. Betta.Gourami.Guppy Initiate Member

I don't know if my swordtail (the yellow and black one) is pregnant or not I have never bred any livebearers or any fish though I do have some experience with a few pregnant guppies. If I could know how far into pregnancy she is or if she is even pregnant that would be awesome and really helpful. b570b7fa9cf49231ac6af2397b079a07.jpg 6f59693b8f38b3ee885fa63b5bef5e41.jpg

2. goplecos Well Known Member Member

if you could get a better pick that would be great but if she is then she is very early. When they are about to give group, then their belly will square up and their butt hole will extend.

3. Lana1049 Member Member

Its hard to tell with those pictures, but if she is, the farther she goes into the pregnancy, she will get a big black gravid spot near her tail. At least you have experience, I had 2 females and a male Molly and so fry came in 3 days. Do you have any other males in the tank?

4. Betta.Gourami.Guppy Initiate Member

82fa6b5fd8fda9a3be3af8b1e320d2e5.jpg here is a more recent pic taken a few minutes ago

My male swordtail died sadly so now there are only three girls

5. goplecos Well Known Member Member

She is not pregnant at the moment or again very early in the pregnancy but if she is full grown and was with a male then she is definitely storing sperm.