Pregnant shrimp

KyleFalkor

I have two shrimp that's been in my community tank alongside a gourami and some tetras. One of which is totally pregnant. I don't really know what to do. most people tell me to just let nature take its course and it will end up just being a nice treat for the other fish in the tank after birth, others tell me to just go get a separate cheap tank and allow the baby's to get big enough to either reintroduce or more than likely donate to someone. Suggestions? Is it even possible for even one baby to survive in the community tank?

marmaaa

KyleFalkor said:
I have two shrimp that's been in my community tank alongside a gourami and some tetras. One of which is totally pregnant. I don't really know what to do. most people tell me to just let nature take its course and it will end up just being a nice treat for the other fish in the tank after birth, others tell me to just go get a separate cheap tank and allow the baby's to get big enough to either reintroduce or more than likely donate to someone. Suggestions? Is it even possible for even one baby to survive in the community tank?
The babies can survive as long as theres hiding spots. if you want to increase your chances I would cover any filter intakes with a sponge so they dont get sucked in. Once they start to grow up youll see them pop up more. Personally I wouldnt stress the shrimp out by moving it. Just let nature do its thing.

Top Bottom