Pregnant Neon Tetra?

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a pregnant Neon Tetra in a community tank that contains Silver-tip tetras who seem to be a bit territorial..should I move her out to a smaller tank on her own?..and if so,what's the best way to furnish the tank?

Jason

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You cant move her out on her own otherwise the egss wont get fertilized, you'd have to move the whole school, and have to make sure the parents dont eat the eggs, you may have to have some plants like java moss on the bottom i'm not sure. Never bred them. Supposed to be very hard to and extremely hard to raise fry. Also I think the tank has to be dark, like dont turn the lights or something because the eggs are light sensitive or something like that.

Hopefully someone else will know , if not do a google search.

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks J-Man..I've taken your advice and shifted the rest of the Neon school over to her tank..maybe some soft light and a little Barry White in the background to set the mood?..lol..seriously though,thanks.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
How do you recognize when a neon tetra is pregnant? Because some of my neons are really "fat" - does that mean they may be pregnant?

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Carol,
what is a turqouise danio? i used to have a zebra danio... i am VERY interested in fish. i got $40 for xmas and i plan to use it on fish things! currently i have one 1.5 gallon tank and two neon tetras in it. thnx!! Miley

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom