10 Gallon Tank Pregnant Molly

Ashlyn1620

I have a Molly that I’m pretty sure is pregnant but I just noticed a white dot near her analfin. I’ve researched but all that’s coming up is parasites and diseases but they talk about white dots all over and she doesn’t have that.
So, I was just wondering if anyone knows what a white dot near the analfin of a pregnant female Molly means? It may be an indicator she’s pregnant or just normal, but I’m not sure, does anyone know what it means?

Idkitsathrowaway

use the emergency template and please post a photo it sounds like ick also if shes kept with males(all live barers in genral) always asume there pregnant

ich is a disease thats in all water and you can get rid of it by turning up the temp to rush its life cycle, use the template so we can identify what caused the lowered immune system for that to happen

Upvote 0

Ashlyn1620

use the emergency template and please post a photo it sounds like ick also if shes kept with males(all live barers in genral) always asume there pregnant

ich is a disease thats in all water and you can get rid of it by turning up the temp to rush its life cycle, use the template so we can identify what caused the lowered immune system for that to happen
This is her: (you can kind of see the white dot under her near the analfin)

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 10g
How long has the tank been running? About a week?
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? About 81
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) 4 mollies, 2 adfs

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Once a week
How much of the water do you change? About 25%
What do you use to treat your water? Stress coat API water conditioner
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water?
I don’t vacuum the substrate, but I do swoosh it around in water to clean it when I clean the fish tank
*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What do you use to test the water? I haven’t yet.
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”. I don’t know them..
Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? Once or twice a day
How much do you feed your fish? a few pinches of flakes
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Aqueon tropical flakes
Do you feed frozen? No
Do you feed freeze-dried foods? No

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? About 7 months
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? I noticed she had a white dot near her analfin about a few weeks ago.
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? One White dot near analfin
Have you started any treatment for the illness? No
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? None? Just one white dot near analfin

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)
My female Molly has been pregnant for a few weeks and I noticed one white dot near her analfin. That’s all… no behavior changes?
This is her: (you can kind of see the white dot under her near the analfin)

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 10g
How long has the tank been running? About a week?
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? About 81
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) 4 mollies, 2 adfs

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Once a week
How much of the water do you change? About 25%
What do you use to treat your water? Stress coat API water conditioner
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water?
I don’t vacuum the substrate, but I do swoosh it around in water to clean it when I clean the fish tank
*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What do you use to test the water? I haven’t yet.
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”. I don’t know them..
Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? Once or twice a day
How much do you feed your fish? a few pinches of flakes
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Aqueon tropical flakes
Do you feed frozen? No
Do you feed freeze-dried foods? No

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? About 7 months
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? I noticed she had a white dot near her analfin about a few weeks ago.
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? One White dot near analfin
Have you started any treatment for the illness? No
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? None? Just one white dot near analfin

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)
My female Molly has been pregnant for a few weeks and I noticed one white dot near her analfin. That’s all… no behavior changes?
Honestly, I don’t think it’s ich bc It’s literally one dot and I see it on Molly’s giving birth on YouTube… just wondering if anyone knows what it is?

Attachments

• C02D2CC7-B758-4B4F-B6FD-FE21B0E80D9F.jpeg
    C02D2CC7-B758-4B4F-B6FD-FE21B0E80D9F.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

ya that looks like ich. its early stage and its lifecycle will not baldy effect your fish, it will go on its own(will take time plus thats very mild so may get worce) you could raise the temp and rush its life but thats the best i got. shouldent kill her

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
10 Gallon Tank Pregnant Molly?
Replies
Views
Ashlyn1620
  • Question
  • DorogonHime
  • Molly
Replies
Views