Pregnant Molly

annmscott

Reaction score
I have had a Silver Molly(F) since 9/15/06. I got her with a black Molly(F) and a catfish. Anyway, I just put them into my normal tank from my quarantine tank about 2 weeks ago. About 1 week ago I noticed that my silver Molly has gotten a bit plump in the last week she has seemed to get alot bigger, do they tend to get big very fast when they are pregnant? Or should I be worried about something else? She is very active and has a tremendous appetite. I do not see a gravid spot. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but these are my first livebearers.

Thanks,
Ann

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
One of my females got really fat and she didn't have a gravid spot. She died few days later. Maybe it was a dropsy? Maybe you'll get a similiar case as mine

annmscott

Reaction score
I had a fish with dropsy before and it started acting different. It stopped eating and hid in the corner. This fish is very active and wants to eat all the time.

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
Don't worry annmscott,

Livebearers let out fries literally every month. Sometimes, the gravid spot may not appear. You could expect a batch of fries swimming around. Watch out for them. All the best

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom