Pregnant Molly?

1. K

Ky3ma New Member Member

Hey. Just wondering if I could get some help regarding a molly that i have in a 20 gallon tank. I keep this molly with 1 other male molly and 3 Zebra Danios. Could someone tell me if this molly is pregnant and what precautions I should take if she is pregnant. Thanks

a.jpg

Attached Files:

• Pregnant Molly?
      a.jpg
      File size:
      344.8 KB
      Views:
    • Pregnant Molly?
      a.jpg
      File size:
      361.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

Well hello. Welcome.
    @Goldiemom you just had bbs. Could you take a look at this girl for us? Please.

3. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

Sorry for the delay, been babysitting the afternoon. She certainly looks pregnant and I would say she’s pretty close to delivering. Sometimes they look like it when they aren’t But my bet is that she is. She doesn’t have a defined gravid spot but they don’t always get it. The way the male is staying so close pp p makes me think she’s getting close. Good luck! Keep us posted. Oh, if you want a lot of babies, put the mother in another tank to deliver and leave the babies in there. You can buy fry starter to feed them or look up how to make a brine shrimp hatchery and use baby brine shrimp for fry. It’s easy to do. You can also feed crumbled fish flakes but I recommend the fry starter food. I also recommend a bare botyom tank for easy cleaning. I have my goldfish babies in a 20G long tank because there are about 60 of them. My platy fry are in a nursery tank in my main tank because there are only five.

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    K

Ky3ma New Member Member

Thanks for the help, ill be sure to get another tank asap.