Pregnant Molly

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by Cranky turtle, Apr 17, 2017.

1. C

Cranky turtle New Member Member

hello all, I hope you can help me determine if my white molly is pregnant and how far. I swear she's been looking like this for maybe 30 days now. I think she is but then she doesn't seems that big and it's been at least a month now...shouldn't she be dropping already? Thank you

Attached Files:

2. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

I don't see the gravid spot in this picture but she does look a little large.

3. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Some Mollys will not show a gravid spot, mine did not show a spot and she probably lasted a month pregnant.
    What are you feeding it? Sometimes overfeeding can make their bellys go big and when they poop it all out they look small again. Try fasting for a day or two if possible and see if she loses the belly, if she does not then she is probably pregnant and I would move her to a separate tank so the males leave her alone.

4. OP
    OP
    C

These are another two pics. I did the fasting twice this past month but looks like her belly is still this size...however, my concern is I thought it would get much bigger since it has been 30 days and yes she's in the birthing tank...

Attached Files:

5. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Weird... her belly does look big but again my full grown female molly is also fat all the time.
    Did you just move her recently? Stress may make them abort but I dont think that is the case.
    I would not worry about it, let nature be free, if she is pregnant she should drop sooner or later, the tank looks heavily planted too which is good as she will be able to hide and be in peace while giving birth.

6. OP
    OP
    C

Thank you all

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice