pregnant molly

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by curlysue, May 14, 2006.

1. curlysueNew MemberMember

Please help,,my molly is pregnant,i brought her home from the store and now she is getting bigger and bigger,, i have her in a 30 gallon tank with 3 goldfish,6 tetras,5 other mollies,1 plecco,i have a 10 gallon tank and was wondering if i could put her in there,and also i was wondering if i could put tetras in there with her,so she wouldnt be alone(will they eat her babies is what im wondering)? If anyone can help me out it will be greatly appriated thank you in advance.

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Yes you can put her in the 10 G if it's cycled, yes the tetras will eat her babies:)
    Carol

3. curlysueNew MemberMember

Should i just leave her in the tank by herself?

4. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Yes if its cycled. If not cycled then the cycling process would be too hard on her in her condition.
    The 30G is a little over stocked so it might be a good idea to use the 10 for some of your other fish after she has her babies.
    Carol

5. curlysueNew MemberMember

Ohhh thank you for the great information,i dont know what i would of done without you ;D

6. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Welcome as always ;)
    Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice